Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Sydney George
Votes |
Investor Friendly Title Company

Sydney George
Posted Aug 22 2022, 14:19

Hey there, I am looking to establish a relationship with an investor friendly title company in Anchorage or the Kenai peninsula area. I've called quite a few but none of them seem to know what assignments/wholesaling is. Does anyone have a title company they can connect me with? 

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Cobb
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Aug 22 2022, 20:07

Have you tried Stewart Title?

User Stats

Votes
Sepp Wigger
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Anchorage
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Anchorage
Replied Aug 22 2022, 23:02

I would agree with Tyler. Me and my team love Stewart title and use them for almost every transaction. Lori Guy specifically is my go to. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Sydney George
Votes |
Replied Aug 24 2022, 10:51
Quote from @Sepp Wigger:

I would agree with Tyler. Me and my team love Stewart title and use them for almost every transaction. Lori Guy specifically is my go to. 

When I called, the person who I spoke with said they had no experience, nor "any interest whatsoever in those transactions." I also spoke with the Stewart Title of the Kenai Peninsula, and while they knew what it was, they made it sound like they would be difficult through the process... I'm not sure if this is just dependent on the people who I spoke with  (or maybe there's a different term for "wholesaling" ?)

User Stats

Votes
Sepp Wigger
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Anchorage
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Anchorage
Replied Aug 24 2022, 11:15

Hey Sydney, 

I reached out to Lori yesterday as well and she told me that due to the workload, she is unable to do any. She also informed me that Alaska is a "good funds state" so any closing funds due from the buyer are needed one business day prior to closing. 

User Stats

Votes
Sydney George
Votes |
Replied Aug 24 2022, 11:19
Quote from @Sepp Wigger:

Hey Sydney, 

I reached out to Lori yesterday as well and she told me that due to the workload, she is unable to do any. She also informed me that Alaska is a "good funds state" so any closing funds due from the buyer are needed one business day prior to closing. 

Wow, thank you for going above and beyond with that! If you happen to have any other contacts who are experienced in/accept assignments, I would appreciate it  :) Thanks Sepp!

User Stats

Votes
Sepp Wigger
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Anchorage
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Anchorage
Replied Aug 24 2022, 11:35

Of course! If anyone comes along I will let you know 

User Stats

Votes
Dolly Caswell
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Eagle River, AK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Eagle River, AK
Replied Aug 27 2022, 09:31

I don’t know if they specifically handle what you’re asking about, but I’ve had great success and terrific service with Mickey Foster at Fidelity Title in Anchorage. She has assistants also, who are Johnny on the spot to answer the phone and in general know quite a great deal about Title as well. I’ve had some very difficult transactions with sellers who didn’t want to provide information on a timely basis, and she has pursued and worked diligently at solving the problems and getting the deal done. As far as your type of transaction goes, I would just suggest you call and ask Mickey if she does that kind of title work.