Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes

LLC and wholesaling in 2 states

Tara-Gerd Lilley
Posted Nov 11 2022, 09:44

I'm a newbie, but super excited about jumping in. I'm going to start with wholesaling. My dilemma is that I jump around to different states with my husbands work. I'll be in Coeur D'lane, ID for a few months. I'd like to start there and Spokane, WA. Do I just get two LLCs in each state or use one LLCfor both states? I also live in CA, El Salvador, and soon AR. Thanks!!

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Brislin
Pro Member
#3 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Nov 11 2022, 10:09

Double check with a business attorney, but as I understand it, and how I do it, is I have an LLC in my home state, and then I file paperwork to do business as a foreign entity in each state I work in.

Cash Source Homes Logo

User Stats

Votes
Tara-Gerd Lilley
Replied Nov 11 2022, 15:23

That is awesome advice and will get me started! Thanks so much Bryant!

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 11 2022, 20:44

Get one LLC, i would worry more about finding the deal and building a name for yourself in these markets. Deals don't get sent to those who are not actively looking

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 15 2023, 01:46
Quote from @Tara-Gerd Lilley:

That is awesome advice and will get me started! Thanks so much Bryant!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 15 2023, 02:46
Quote from @Tara-Gerd Lilley:

I'm a newbie, but super excited about jumping in. I'm going to start with wholesaling. My dilemma is that I jump around to different states with my husbands work. I'll be in Coeur D'lane, ID for a few months. I'd like to start there and Spokane, WA. Do I just get two LLCs in each state or use one LLCfor both states? I also live in CA, El Salvador, and soon AR. Thanks!!

She is in it for the money and as she ripped off her disabled vetera,n senior citizen aunt, she will rip you off, too. She was also an insurrectionist and on January 6th was providing comfort and care to insurrectionists such as herself. Get into bed with her,  you deserve everything you get. She is on the no work, work plan. Look up the police report in Volusia County Florida. She may not look nice but she's not she's a thief. When you have an elderly aunt and you go through things that you want people to have when you pass, it's customary to wait for them to actually pass; not to steal their jewelry before they are dead which she did.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 15 2023, 02:53
Quote from @Tara O'GaraShe is in it for the money and she ripped off her disabled veteran ,senior citizen aunt, she will rip you off, too. She was also an insurrectionist and on January 6th was providing comfort and care to insurrectionists such as herself. Also a qanon devotee. Get into bed with her,  you deserve everything you get. She is on the no work, work plan. Look up the police report in Volusia County Florida. She may look nice, but she's not. She's a thief. She and her husband stole 100K of my home refinance money when I was incapacitated and looked to my family for help ,and she assured me she would have done it for nothing but it cost me 100k.  You have an elderly aunt and you go through things that you want people to have when you pass, it's customary to wait for them to actually pass; not to steal their jewelry before they are dead, which she did. Good luck to anyone dealing with this person.

User Stats

Votes
Katie LaPoint
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Spokane WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Spokane WA
Replied Feb 15 2023, 06:15

I live in Spokane and have an LLC for both states for a different business that's not REI. It's pretty easy and affordable to do. The ID llc processed verrrrrry slowly so if you're aggressive and think you could have a deal sooner than later you might as well file for it now.

The only annoying thing is remembering to file both every month even if you didn’t do business in both. 

Good luck on your wholesaling adventures! 

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Feb 15 2023, 08:03

Talk to an attorney.

Trust me when I tell you, things can get very expensive, doing business in states your business is not officially registered in.