Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Tim Kuldayev
Votes |
Hey need help with coming up with ARV for Wholesaling!

Tim Kuldayev
Posted Nov 18 2022, 15:35

Hey everyone, I am starting to wholesale and found one property, how exactly would I find the ARV and prove to the listing agent/buyer that my price is cool.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 18 2022, 21:29

Get a realtor to run a CMA

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Nov 19 2022, 13:25

why would you need to prove to the listing agent your price is cool?

1. If the property is listed with an agent, THEY wouldn't need to see YOUR proof that your price is cool. They know (or should know) the market.

2. I wouldn't wholesale listed properties.

3. You do not prove anything to the buyer

it is not your job to show the buyer anything. You need to find out your numbers for YOU! Not the buyer. YOU need to know what the right number is for you to make a deal. The buyer will take your numbers and verify it themselves. NOT your job.

I am not going to bash you but I will give you a stern word of caution. If you want to be succesful at this, you really shouldn't go for shortcuts. Do the work, become a master marketer, and contribute to the value for buyers (that have no clue how to find good off market deals) and sellers, that obviously didn't WANT to list (or couldn't list) with an agent.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tim Kuldayev
Votes |
Replied Nov 19 2022, 16:05

Okay, great advice! Thank you. Do you know what resources would help me become a master marketer?