Votes
Jean Tranquille
  • new York
Votes |
New method ☑️ SEO. First deal are always the hardest. More on way

Jean Tranquille
  • new York
Posted Nov 25 2022, 10:29

It been a crazy year but I just closed on my first wholesale deal couple weeks ago. I've learned a lot from my first deal. Everything in life is about mindset and Take calculated risk. My recommendation to any wholesaler what worked yesterday might not work today, we are in a changing world. SEO is the way to go guys. Here's the story. it was around April 2022. I was on fb when this ad came up about a new method to get motivated Seller's. I was excited so I put my information. Got a call from the owner (jonathan) he explained everything to me. So basically they'll sell me 25 really motivated lead for 5k . I was like damn that's a lot of money. So I past on them. couple months later their secretary (Elyse) check back with me and offer me 10 lead for 2k I was that's still high for me but with the amount of time and money I'm spending on pulling lists and cold calling, I'll probably spend 2k. So I went for it, but first I had ask her for some references. I went and called all of them asked question. About two weeks in no lead I was getting weird feeling, then a day later I got a text from them. A motivated seller I called, it was the daughter owner I set an appointment with them next day. That's how motivated they were, (didn't close on that lead) I never got that far with any of my leads. I was scared but I was also hungry. Gave them my offer they accepted verbally. The owner story was that they were already in contact with someone else. The investor had given them time to look for a property to move in. It took them a while but when they finally find a property and Weaver the closing till the investor close on their home. this guy knew they urgency to close he kept asking for credit to lower the price. But it was going to be a year since they have been under contract. The seller attorney said if the investor doesn't close he would lose his earnest money deposit (25k). the contract had an expiration date. So the daughter went on google and that's how I got my real actual lead. I didn't close on this lead because I never got that far with my leads and wholesaling in New York is different from any other states. What I was saying to the seller didn't add up and to buy a property in New York (most attorney) won't take less then 10% of the selling price (EMD). I'm a guy who didn't have 5k to spend on lead ain't no way I was gonna have 10% on 400k houses. learn from that. On my second motivated lead I JV with another wholesaler who has done a couple deal in NYC he had attorneys and everything. we gave the seller an attorney so we were able to only put 1k (emd) 800k selling price. But it wasn't easy to wholesale that houses. it was in the middle of the whole interest going up thing and our buyer pool were small because the owner needed a couple days after closing to move out. Most investor in nyc wants property vacant. Eviction can take years in New York. not many people wanted to take the risk. So SEO is the new way guys. if you guys want to be connected to the guy I use I'll share their information and no I don't get pay or get any discount from them. Or learn to set up your own website that's my plan for new year. So now you know the good thing about SEO I would be an (a**hole) to leave the bad out. Out of the 10 leads only 3 were really motivated the other wanted to see how much they can get or house on market(mls) price very high and owner is freaking out because it not selling and goes to google. But the guy I use gave me credit for anyone that's not motivated or on market(mls).

User Stats

Votes
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Votes |
Jerryll Noorden#2 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Wilton, CT
Replied Nov 25 2022, 12:24

Hmmmm...

I am not sure you understand what SEO is.

How do you know those were SEO leads, and not normal, PPC or Facebook ad leads?

From the story, those leads do not sound like motivated leads to me!

But yes, SEO definitely is the way to go!

And no... SEO is not a new method. Been preaching this since 2016!

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy H.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lafayette, LA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lafayette, LA
Replied Nov 25 2022, 12:31

No way I'm paying thousands for couple leads generated by some gurus with no guarantee 

I'll pay the garbage man and mail man for lists or give them a 1-2k check if I close on a house they brought me before I ever pay a guru thousands for a few leads 

90% of the leads are garbage, 90% of the leftovers won't close

I'd pay for the systems and methodology before anything else. You're essentially paying for the fish when you need to learn how to fish...then have someone else do the fishing for you...

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Mohammed Rahman
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • New York, NY
Replied Nov 28 2022, 08:39

@Jean Tranquille - congrats on your first deal man! Long time coming! Based on what you're saying I also agree, SEO is the way to go that's why I've been putting more and more content out there through my website and socials. It's a good way to get recognized by online algorithms to bubble to the top of the results when people search relevant terms.