Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes

advice when you can't find a cashbuyer for wholesaler

Posted Jan 2 2023, 21:37

what to do when you have a property under contract but can't find a cash buyer. has anyone here has experienced something like this, if so what did you do to resolve it. any comments will be appreciate it.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 2 2023, 21:40

You either close on it and list is again (wholetail) or drop the contract and lose your option money. 

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas Coulter
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Southern California
Replied Jan 2 2023, 23:23

@Christina Venegas what steps have you taken to connect with cash buyers? I would imagine if the deal is good you might be able to connect with someone on another cash buyers list. I have a friend who works with a lot of cash deals here in SD if you would like!

FlipSystem logo
FlipSystem
|
Sponsored
Learn From Our Team. Earn 100% of the Profits. Join our community of 500+ investors! Avg profit per flip: $14k, Avg effort per week: 4hrs

User Stats

Votes
Adolphus Fletcher
  • Wholesaler
  • Delaware
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Delaware
Replied Jan 2 2023, 23:37
Quote from @Eliott Elias:

You either close on it and list is again (wholetail) or drop the contract and lose your option money. 

By option do you mean the earnest money deposit?

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Brislin
Pro Member
#3 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Jan 3 2023, 09:13

@Christina Venegas I think the phrase "cash buyer" is used too much in our industry, and by people who are new.  Sometimes the best buyers for the property are ones who are going to use debt, but usually it's hard money or a local bank/lender who understands the type of asset their borrower is buying, i.e. a fixer that may not be in perfect condition.  Anyway, there are a lot more details needed in order to help you.  I'm in OC, an hour from SD, so I may have buyers, and/or can help you figure out next steps.  Feel free to DM me.

Cash Source Homes Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 5 2023, 10:54
Quote from @Nicholas Coulter:

@Christina Venegas what steps have you taken to connect with cash buyers? I would imagine if the deal is good you might be able to connect with someone on another cash buyers list. I have a friend who works with a lot of cash deals here in SD if you would like!

could you give me his information. i found a deal in escondido ca and i dont have any cashbuyer

User Stats

Votes
Rudy Munoz
  • Real Estate Agent
  • El Paso, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • El Paso, TX
Replied Jan 5 2023, 20:51

Hello Christina, 

Would be delighted to look at any deals you have in San Diego.

Happy New Year.

User Stats

Votes
Adam Macias
Pro Member
  • Agent Sales Representative at BiggerPockets
  • Fort Collins, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Agent Sales Representative at BiggerPockets
  • Fort Collins, CO
Replied Jun 29 2023, 11:43

I advise all wholesalers to start with building a list of cash buyers before you even worry about sellers that way this never becomes an issue. You learn how to comp, structure deals and have the confidence to be able to perform on the transaction. A buyer is literally taking your position on a contract. You have to act like the buyer. You got to the deal first and that's where your value comes from. Cash buyers don't have time to cold calls, do internet marketing, talk with dozens of agents, etc. They have enough going on with managing projects alone. Find cash buyers first of at least 10-50 solid buyers and then go hunting for deals.

User Stats

Votes
Adrian Pedraza
Pro Member
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Jun 29 2023, 12:02

If you haven't found someone to buy it then maybe it's not a good deal. People worry too much about having "cash buyers". Dispo comes easy when you negotiate a good deal first

User Stats

Votes
Trent Dues
  • Title Representative
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Title Representative
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jun 29 2023, 12:29

How quick does the current owner need to sell the home? If they understand that groundwork has already been started, they likely don't want to re-start the process themselves. Get a CTA/ extension signed and keep marketing, or 'sweeten the pot' and offer to pay them an extra $500 for an extension, and deduct it from your expected release fee when you do find an end buyer