• Real Estate Investor
  • Brighton, CO
Votes |
Seller disclosure in Colorado?

Andrew V.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Brighton, CO
Posted Apr 24 2014, 22:14

Thank you BP'ers for helping me out with my questions so far. I have a question about seller disclosure in Colorado.

I am wholesaling a house and my end buyers are new to the area from California. We are trying to close in 6, make it 5 days now to get it done by the end of the month. There are tenants currently in the property, lease is up at the end of May.

They won't sign the assignment contract until they see rental agreements, etc... They have never worked with a wholesaler before, and this is my first wholesale deal. They have always bought previously directly from the seller and in CA I believe a seller disclosure is required. Along with rental agreement they are also asking for a disclosure from my seller, which I didn't get because I wasn't aware this would be an issue. Is this typical in CO? Should I ask my seller to fill one out (lead paint, etc)? He is already tough to get responses back on paperwork. Is this something I should always get from a seller? Thank you for your advice.

Loading replies...