Bandit Signs

4 Replies

I just started using bandit signs.  Any suggestions of how many to use and how long to keep them up?

Any suggestions of strategies using them?

In most municipalities they are illegal.

The city workers & or citizens are most likely going to take them down.

You can also be fined.

Whenever we use signs we only place signs in our own yards.

Even placing them at a property you own is likely to be allowed only if they're advertising that property.  Most sign ordinances explicitly forbid most signs then have a series of exceptions, such as for rent and for sale signs for the property where the sign is located.  I've yet to review any sign ordinance that allows bandit signs.

Originally posted by @Jon Holdman :

Even placing them at a property you own is likely to be allowed only if they're advertising that property.  Most sign ordinances explicitly forbid most signs then have a series of exceptions, such as for rent and for sale signs for the property where the sign is located.  I've yet to review any sign ordinance that allows bandit signs.

I use the standard size Realtor FOR SALE yard signs. However they say "I Buy Houses"

When I have a property for sale I will use a FOR SALE sign and this sign.

I have had many city rental inspections performed on my properties while the signs are up. I have never had a problem & sometimes the inspectors can get VERY picky.

Not getting caught isn't the same as something being legal.  The people inspecting your property may not be the same folks who enforce sign ordinances.  Or, this may be legal in your area.  I've looked at close to a dozen sign ordinances in cities both in my area and others and your signs would be illegal under every one of them.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here