Getting A Buyers List before a Sellers List?

6 Replies

Hi all,

Still trying to learn all that I can about wholesaling.  But, it seems to me that in an ideal world, I would try to line up a number of cash buyers that are eagerly looking for deals in my area before I even start to get seller leads.  Is this correct only in theory?  Or in reality, do I need to be looking for sellers first?  Thanks!

Finding buyers is much easier. Work on getting a deal lined up. Once you have the deal the buyers will be sure to follow @Garen Lafser .

If you can dial in finding motivated sellers buyers will find you :D Not always but if you're active in your local rei groups. Otherwise dial in finding sellers and then find the appropriate buyer for those sellers. Buyers are the easy part. 

Originally posted by @Matt Cramer :

If you can dial in finding motivated sellers buyers will find you :D Not always but if you're active in your local rei groups. Otherwise dial in finding sellers and then find the appropriate buyer for those sellers. Buyers are the easy part. 

Thanks Matt.  Do you ever find buyers through BP or usually through your local connections?  I ask because my local network at the moment is somewhat lacking.

Originally posted by @Rob Beland :

Finding buyers is much easier. Work on getting a deal lined up. Once you have the deal the buyers will be sure to follow @Garen Lafser.

Thanks Rob, appreciate the advice!

You can use either. Plenty of people have used BP. Go through some of the wholesaling podcasts they have some great ways for getting the buyers lists and for finding motivated sellers. Keep track of the people with "WE BUY HOUSES" signs in the area you live in. They could be rehabbers or other wholesalers but you don't know until you ask. 

Originally posted by @Matt Cramer :

You can use either. Plenty of people have used BP. Go through some of the wholesaling podcasts they have some great ways for getting the buyers lists and for finding motivated sellers. Keep track of the people with "WE BUY HOUSES" signs in the area you live in. They could be rehabbers or other wholesalers but you don't know until you ask. 

Thanks Matt

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.