• Real Estate Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
Building a Buyers List-Frustrated

Bob Maceda
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:45

Hi everyone , I am new to the forum. I am in Raleigh, NC ( new to the area, and learning the market) and making an attempt to get a wholesaling business off the ground. I have everything in place (website, business cards, contracts, ordering bandit signs today, etc.)

The only thing that I do not have is potential buyers, this is somewhat holding me back, I dont want to get a property under contract and not be able to move it. So far I have attended a rei meeting and a couple of foreclosure auctions to network and meet potential cash buyers.

I have met a grand total of two people that seem like they would be able to perform. To be honest the monthly rei meeting seemed like amateur hour, deals announced weren't very attractive and it seemed like a majority of the people I talked to owned a property or two, no major rehabbers or cash buyers. Is this how it is everywhere? Maybe 10-15 guys in the city that are really capable of paying cash?

As of right now my plan is to 1.) run an ad in the paper and all over the internet advertising a 3/2 fixer upper and tell the callers that it sold and get their info, 2.) drive around and find recent rehabs (there are a ton in Raleigh) find the owners contact info on the assessors website and then email or send them a letter introducing myself and ask to add them to my investor list, ( is this invasive or most guys wont care?) 3.) just keep plugging away at meetings (there are a few meetup groups that are related to rei).

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Loading replies...