• Nevada
Votes |
I NEED YOUR INPUT

Garrett Diegel
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Nevada
Posted Sep 27 2016, 09:34

I have an opportunity that has come up from a somber situation. A friend of ours has passed away and left his home to another friend of the family. They have now learned that the home is in disrepair and needs major renovation to make it livable. A loose estimate (however not confirmed ) would be around $30-$40,000 to renovate the home and put in on the market for a buyer. I am not currently in the market to buy this home as an investment but in my mind this would be a great wholesale opportunity. The family does not have the cash to dump in the home in order to renovate it the way it needs to be so my advice would be for them to seek out an investor to purchase the home for a discount "As Is". 

My questions on this one are. 

• Am I on base with my recommendation?
  • What can I do to find a local investor right now that would be willing to purchase this home. 
  • How do I enter into a whole sale contract with assign-ability while having my RE license? This would be my first one ever. 

Thank you for all of your help in advance. I know there is a ton of experience out there that will help point me in the right direction. 

Loading replies...