Wholesale-friendly Escrow Companies in the Bay area (CA)

2 Replies

Write your marketplace ad

Hello all,

Anyone in the San Francisco Bay area know of any escrow companies that have experience working with wholesalers?

Just wondering.. I'm currently closing escrow with 1 of the current deals that I’m wholesaling, but ran into lots of challenges with the escrow company I’m using. The real estate (RE)documents used to transfer the RE purchase contract & secure my assignment fee all have been vetted by my attorney, but the escrow company I’m using wasn’t familiar with a RE contract being assigned during escrow.

They also didn’t want my fee to be disbursed from the escrow funds because I’m not a RE broker. I tried explaining to the escrow company it was a “finder’s fee” not a “RE commission” but it was useless. Additional paperwork & disclosures had to be completed before moving forward with the deal.

Challenging escrow companies have the potential to jeopardize wholesale deals. I’m hoping someone can provide a couple escrow companies that have experience working with wholesalers and assignable contracts. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

SF Bay Area Wholesale

I too am looking.  If I find one I will let you know, if you find one please update us.  Thanks!

Will do. Thnx Jason.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.