What do you do for bandit signs? Billboards?

3 Replies

I have read many posts about bandit signs and there questionable legality. Moving past that i am curious where people buy them? Or do you make them? How much is a reasonable amount to pay for them? Are certain types, colors, wordings, better than others? What has brought the most successes?

Also, what phone number do you put on them? Are you buying a number specifically for bandit signs?

I was also wondering about the new digital billboards that show 3-6 different screens, does anyone use billboards to advertise?

Thank you,

Bryan Chuchta

@Bryan Chuchta there are lots of bandit sign vendors out there. The one I've used in the past is  Super Cheap Signs but to be frank, we've also just bought a ton on a case by case basis from Lowes, Home Depot, Ace, Walmart, etc. 

Usually, for signs where we are selling properties, we handwrite those on yellow boards with black ink. The phone number is a lead tracking phone number specifically for bandit signs usually within a geographic area (so we know which properties or county the potential buyers are interested in). 

I've found bandit signs to be valuable for marketing purposes and they have been directly responsible for helping us to get properties sold. 

@Marvin McTaw , Thank you.

So what is a lead tracking phone number?   I got a google number so it wasn't my direct line but there is no tracking aspect to it.  Is it something you pay for?

Do you put up your own signs?  How many and how often?

Originally posted by @Bryan Chuchta :

@Marvin McTaw, Thank you.

So what is a lead tracking phone number?   I got a google number so it wasn't my direct line but there is no tracking aspect to it.  Is it something you pay for?

Do you put up your own signs?  How many and how often?

A lead tracking phone number is just a phone number you use to keep track of things. There are several you can check out to get lead tracking phone numbers including Vumber, CallRail, CallFire and others. Do a Google Search and you'll find lots of them. 

Yes, I pay for the Lead Tracking phone number software. I currently use CallRail but have used others in the past as well. It is something I pay for because it has value to our organization.

As far as bandit signs go, no I don't personally go and put them out. We pay people to do that as it's not the best use of my time and others are better equipped for it. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.