Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Lee Melvin
  • Fayetteville, NC
Votes |
Best ways to find cash buyers for wholesaling?

Lee Melvin
  • Fayetteville, NC
Posted May 26 2010, 11:56

Hey, im wondering what is the best way for me to go about developing a buyers list for wholesaling.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
Bill Gulley#3 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator
  • Springfield, MO
Replied May 26 2010, 08:02

Have you searched the forums, we jusyt answered a very similar, if not exact, question. Look for the related discussions below your posts.....after you can narrow it down, jump back in. Bill

User Stats

Votes
Steve Babiak
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Audubon, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Audubon, PA
Replied May 26 2010, 08:14

Yes, this has been asked and answered a number of times. I think there is even a wholesaling forum sticky that might cover this too.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brian Haskins
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied May 27 2010, 12:25

If you do want to build a buyers list first then what you want to do is go to www.listsource.com and buy a list of absentee owners that have purchase more than one house in the last 6 months. This will give you an active list of buyers and then you want to send them postcards or letters asking them if they want to be notified of properties you have for wholesale.

Brian Haskins

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Ziolkowski
  • Inspector
  • Alsip, IL
Votes |
  • Inspector
  • Alsip, IL
Replied Jun 11 2010, 00:10

Definitely check the sticky, as well as the gazillion other posts about this. Just offhand, if you're first starting and on a budget, I would suggest

1.Bandit signs (18x24) Handwritten(cheap)

2. Ads on Craigslist/Backpage/Kijiji, etc.(free)

3. Postcards (somewhat inexpensive)

4. A classified ad in a local paper (a little pricey)

5. Drive-by's (If you see a dumpster in front of an obvious rehab, stop inside and chat up the owner/crew)

6. Have a realtor pull comps for you for all of the cash sales in your farm area for the last 6 months. Pick a price that you feel represents investor pricing and go up to that. Then get the names of the buyers and contact them. (free, but I gave my realtor a starbucks card to thank her)

7. Call every For Rent sign that you see. These are likely landlords. If not, maybe they will be willing to sell at a discount (free and kills 2 birds with one stone)

That should get you going. Hope it helps!

User Stats

Votes
Khary Reynolds
  • Developer
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied Jun 16 2010, 05:27

Lee,

I would say the easiest way to build a buyers list is through

1.) Placing ads on Craigslist consistently. You can generally get a few people per day to sign up to your email list. Not everyone will be serious buyers, but you will find some serious investors.

2.) Get on Facebook, Linkedin, and Meetup.com and start connecting with people. These sites generally have groups that are Real Estate specific and location specific. So you can generally find a group of real estate investors in your city. Also, with meetup.com groups you can send emails to the list-serve, so when you get a deal you can blast it out to the entire meet-up group, and you can sign up for numerous meet-up groups.

Hope this helps.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Ziolkowski
  • Inspector
  • Alsip, IL
Votes |
  • Inspector
  • Alsip, IL
Replied Jun 16 2010, 08:21

Thanks for the meetup tip Khary. I didn't know that.

User Stats

Votes
Dennis Marshall
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lutz, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lutz, FL
Replied Jul 8 2010, 05:00

No doubt: Bandit Signs. Well in my area of Tampa, FL, I put out 10 bandit signs on a Friday advertising a property I have for 30 cents on the dollar and I got like 14 calls the next day. Put them at busy intersections where people have to stop

User Stats

Votes
Eddie Sanchez
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Woburn , MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Woburn , MA
Replied Jul 8 2010, 05:52

Craigslist is a great way to find cash buyers put up an ad saying you have a property at a discounted price.

Homevestors Franchises are cash buyers they are all over the U.S. You just have to bring them the right deals.

User Stats

Votes
Ronnie Neal
  • Southfield, MI
Votes |
  • Southfield, MI
Replied Jan 5 2015, 09:47

@Joseph Ziolkowski 

I knw this might be a foolish qeastion but have you ever done a wholesale deal? And if so could you break down the process for me?

User Stats

Votes
Peter Vekselman
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Atlanta GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Atlanta GA
Replied Jul 14 2016, 04:24

@Lee Melvin

Google for them

craigslist

bandit signs

rei forums

rei clubs

REO auctions

googlemaps.com

These should get you started.....PM me if you need any more help.

Peter

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Connell
  • Investor
  • Galesburg, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Galesburg, IL
Replied Jul 14 2016, 21:09

Aside from the usual instructions, you should also use social media. I use groups and pages, and build them up or interact with others, which is a good way to find flippers. Flip and buy/hold are who you are after, so you want to go where they are.

User Stats

Votes
Carlos Coppin Jr
  • Wholesaler
  • Plantation, FL
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Plantation, FL
Replied Jul 16 2016, 13:13

bigger pockets is a great way to find buyers I've done 2 or 3 deals with South Florida Investors here on bigger pockets