I need help because I don't want to break the law...

1 Reply

I am 14 and living in Florida. I would like to start wholesaling after April and I am going to be learning everything possible until that time. I know that it is not illegal to wholesale in Florida but I don't know if I am underage to do it. If I am, would it be possible to just have my parent with me and do everything with them so that I can still do wholesaling. I don't want to break the law but I do really want to start wholesaling and eventually start my own business in it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by @Katie Corcoran :

I am 14 and living in Florida. I would like to start wholesaling after April and I am going to be learning everything possible until that time. I know that it is not illegal to wholesale in Florida but I don't know if I am underage to do it. If I am, would it be possible to just have my parent with me and do everything with them so that I can still do wholesaling. I don't want to break the law but I do really want to start wholesaling and eventually start my own business in it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You are smart to start so young. However, I have read repeatedly on this website that wholesaling in Florida is illegal unless you have a real estate license. You can find houses though, buy them into your name and then sell them, but you have to be able to show intention and ability to complete the transaction. You might be able to work for an investor and they can pay you for your work. That would be a good way to go for now, so that you learn the "tricks of the trade". I suggest you do a search above for Wholesaling+Florida for more details.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.