• Investor
  • Atlantic Beach, FL
Votes |
Best strategy for this deal: wholesale, wholetail, hard money

Max Biggar
  • Investor
  • Atlantic Beach, FL
Posted Feb 12 2018, 07:45

Hey BP thanks for taking the time to share your input. I am struggling to find out how to structure this deal that makes the most sense. 

I have a townhome (1 side of a duplex) under contract for $165k in Atlantic Beach FL. It needs $16k worth of work to have an ARV of $215k with a lot of appreciation upside.

Obviously I don't think there is enough equity to wholesale to a cash buyer at that price (If you want it though let me know). 

I would flip it myself or keep as a rental however I have 2 other flips going on and likely don't have the time or funds to take on another yet. 

I actually have a buyer that's interested in it as his primary home that he would basically house hack. He would need a loan however to purchase it from me and I'm not sure the best way to set this up.

Can I assign my contract over to him and will lenders then lend to him based on an assigned contract and how would I get paid? If so any recommendations on lenders?  (I am thinking the buyer will want a conventional loan and not hard money if possible)

would this be good for transactional lending? again I think the buyers lender would need to approve this.

How would I set up a simultaneous or double closing? Does anyone know lenders that would do this?

A last resort I guess would be to purchase it myself with hard money and then sell to my buyer 30 days later. Or make him get the hard money loan and then he can refi 6 months later. 

any recommendations or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers!

Loading replies...