Having a problem with a seller

7 Replies

gonna make this short, I posted a house that I have under contract on Craigslist,I got a text from a buyer that was supposed to meet me at the home yesterday, I showed up he didn't, he claimed that he forgot, (whatever right?) and he asked me to send over the contract Through Email, Now I've never done a deal before, am I risking anything if I email him a contract (with my fee tied in of course) how would that go?what does he need to understand if I decide to send it to him, or is there another way to go about this?

I doubt that I'd bother sending it to him.  One minute he wants to meet you to see the inside of the house.  The next minute he forgot about you and will sign it sight unseen.

Probably your biggest risk is going to be wasting your time!

Originally posted by @Jerel Lyons :

gonna make this short, I posted a house that I have under contract on Craigslist,I got a text from a buyer that was supposed to meet me at the home yesterday, I showed up he didn't, he claimed that he forgot, (whatever right?) and he asked me to send over the contract Through Email, Now I've never done a deal before, am I risking anything if I email him a contract (with my fee tied in of course) how would that go?what does he need to understand if I decide to send it to him, or is there another way to go about this?

If the buyer won't show up when he says he will, he won't pay when the money comes due.

Aren't you assigning the contract to him (or whoever your buyer ends up being)? If that is the case, wouldn't anyone want to see the contract they are buying?? 

he's already seen the house, because I do video walkthroughs when I get a house under contract, and let them know to request it when they text me ,so he's already seen the house

Move on.....if he was serious, he would've shown up in the first place.  And asking for the contract...Why?  He needs to due his own diligence and run his numbers. No need to see the contract.  He's wasting your time....possibly trying to steal your deal.

Work on creating a buyers list so you can avoid this problem.  Next time you have a property under contract, you can email the listing to your buyers....people you have met and vetted, so you know they are serious.

Originally posted by @Hector Lozano :

Move on.....if he was serious, he would've shown up in the first place.  And asking for the contract...Why?  He needs to due his own diligence and run his numbers. No need to see the contract.  He's wasting your time....possibly trying to steal your deal.

When assigning a contract (what wholesalers are usually doing) isn't the "buyer" buying this contract? If so, wouldn't his due diligence be seeing what he is buying?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here