How do I find a property owner for an abandon property

2 Replies

I know this property that has been empty for years I got the owners name but she passed away years ago their taxes are up to date how do u purchased this property. how to I reach out to next to kin or what do I say it write. what contract can I use than how do I get the money to purchases. also do we have a list on price to rehab so we can have a better estimate

Updated 6 months ago

Hi everyone, I know of this property that has been empty for several years, after doing some research on the property owner and I found out that the owner passed away a couple of years ago, based on that information I was wondering a couple of questions? 1. How do I purchase this property? 2. How to I reach out to next to kin? Where do I find this additional information? 3. How do I initiate or engage communication with the family, what should I say or write to them. 4. What type of contract can I use once I engage with the next to kin? 5. How do I get the money to purchase the property if my money is tied up with other investments? 6. And finally does anyone have a list/tool for prices to rehab properties to get better estimate? Thank you David Coello

Updated 6 months ago

Hi everyone, I know of this property that has been empty for several years, after doing some research on the property owner and I found out that the owners passed away a couple of years ago, I was wondering a couple of questions? 1. How do I purchase this property? 2. How to I reach out to next to kin 3. How to I initiate or engage communication with them, what do I say or write to them. 4. What type of contract can I use once I engage? 5. how do I get the money to purchase the property if my money is tied up with other investments 6. Also do we have a list on price to rehab so we can have a better estimate?

@David T coello Hey brother that's a good question! This is where you need to get a skip tracing service. They will usually get you the phone number, current address and emails or the owner and relatives of the owner. It  ranges from 1$ a search to 15$ a search depending on how many searches you do. The more searches you do with them the less it will cost. Just a tip my friend use proper grammar and complete sentences when you post. It makes it much easier for us to understand so we can help you!

Originally posted by @Michael Guzik :

@David T coello Hey brother that's a good question! This is where you need to get a skip tracing service. They will usually get you the phone number, current address and emails or the owner and relatives of the owner. It  ranges from 1$ a search to 15$ a search depending on how many searches you do. The more searches you do with them the less it will cost. Just a tip my friend use proper grammar and complete sentences when you post. It makes it much easier for us to understand so we can help you!

@michael guzik thanks for the info and the tip, I posted that from my phone.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here