Looking for tips on wholesaling condos

4 Replies

Hello wholesalers, I'm surrounded by condos. Would anyone be kind enough to give me a couple of pros and cons on wholesaling condos?

Thank you!

I'd say probably the main difference is that condos are usually cheaper than houses.  Resulting in a lower fee for you.  Also, typically they don't sell as fast.  Of course, those are simply general statements and can vary depending on your market.

Otherwise, the process is the same and at times easier because it's easier to get comps on condos.

Thanks Roland, I wasn't sure if I'd run into issues with the associations or if the amount of equity would be lower overall. I'm in Chicago where the average condo is 350 to 400k and there's a lot of them! I also know the market well from regular broker deals. 

Thanks again!

@Michael Tootelian with any wholesale deal as long as the numbers work it will sale fast!! Condos on the Northside, especially without rental caps, will sale fast.

Not at $350k tho.. more so under $150k

If there are rental caps and/or home occupy requirements that will definitely delay a sale.

Good luck!!

@Michael Tootelian

Throwing in my 2 Cents - 

From a lending perspective, it's important to understand if the condos are warrantable or non-warrantable. It is much harder to lend against non-warrantable condos, which means that there is a much smaller potential buyer pool for them. 

So, I'd think that it would follow then from a wholesaling perspective, one would be much more wary of non-warrantable condos as it will be more challenging to find potential buyers (in theory). Obviously, there is a lot more to think about than just this, but it is a factor to consider. 

Here's a link to an article discussing this issue: 

https://themortgagereports.com/18658/condo-mortgag...

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.