Votes
Joshua Dees
  • Wylie, TX
Votes |
Wholesale Deal with Domestic Issues

Joshua Dees
  • Wylie, TX
Posted Aug 18 2018, 15:56
I have a house under contract, and coming up on closing, hopefully. Straight to it, The Seller told me she owned the house free & clear. Come to find out, from my Title Company, she got divorced because of Domestic Violence, etc. The guy is in Prison, scheduled to get out in a few months. Not a very nice guy, possible gang/cartel member. Domestic Violence, drugs, alcohol abuse, etc. He is in for DWI. Anyways, He is still on the deed. My title company says I need to contact him, get him to AGREE to sign a Warranty Deed, once he agrees, they will send it. The entire family is scared of this man. They dont want to contact him. They say, EVEN IF you contact him, good luck getting him to sign ANYTHING. He is very spiteful, etc. I'm wondering what my options are as far as maybe a Quitclaim deed, or some kind of court order, but then again, I haven't even spoken to this man. I have no idea how he really is, and if he would still say no, even there was maybe like $100 in it for him. In prison 100 should go a long way... But if I contact him, ask him to sign the Warranty Deed, and he says No, does that open up another legal route, or am I widdling away my chances with every contact to him? Could he say No the first time and refuse to speak to me any time after that? What the family is worried about is if I ask him, he'll know His ex wife is selling the house, tell somebody on the outside and then something bad will happen. I dont wanna fan any flames here... I also would like to get my first deal done and over with. I had a feeling there was going to be some kind of speedbump, so when I presented the PSA, I went ahead and made my inspection period 60 days. But I already have a cash buyer, I've already accepted his offer, I'm looking to make 13k off of this deal. He is already having people come by and look at the house, he is ready to close, I am ready to close. Everyone is ready, the seller has already moved out. but my title company said they wont do anything until the Warranty deed gets signed. Is there ANYTHING I as the Wholesaler can do? I am not afraid to get creative, shoot, I had a kind of Sinister Idea to send him a "Probate-Like" Packet in the mail ( if he really is as bad as they say he is, and he REALLY is a messed up guy, wouldn't it possibly better if maybe he thinks shes deceased? OR tell him the property is already sold, and maybe just structure the whole thing as if he has no choice really, it's all just "After-the-fact" Stuff...? Any Advice Helps

Loading replies...