• Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Of These 11 Skip Trace Sites, Which Has Shown the Best Results

Wes Short
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Indianapolis, IN
Posted Oct 4 2018, 12:57

To start off I know a lot of people ask about skip trace companies here in the wholesale forum but I would love to hear from some experienced users of these services to determine which is best! 

After sifting through old forums and posts I came up with these 11: 

1. Private Eye

2. People Finders

3. TIO (from transunion)

4. True People Search

5. Skipgenie

6. Batch Skip Tracing

7. Belles Link 

8. REI Skip

9. Ultimate Skip Tracing

10. TRU (from Experian)

11. Been Verified 

I believe I saw that TRU and TIO would require a business to be qualified and vetted before being able to use their service but wasn't super clear on that process. Some of these sites were free, some required large batches, and others had monthly memberships and then a payment per trace. I am planning to do my first batch trace soon of 250-300 properties and had narrowed down to Been Verified, Belles Link, and Batch Skip Trace but I would love to hear people's opinions and reviews! Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 5 2023, 18:55

I have been using Batch and for the most part it does what I need it to do. I do a lot of skip tracing probably around 50-100 leads a day. I find that it is not always the most accurate, I would say i get the correct number about 60% of the time so I also pay for Locate plus. Locate Plus has been a good resource however it is not very user friendly if you are wanting to train people to use it and it gives you tons of numbers to go through in order to get the one you need. I am looking for another alternative to TLO and Locate Plus. 

User Stats

Votes
Abraham S.
  • Lakewood, NJ
Votes |
  • Lakewood, NJ
Replied Jan 5 2023, 19:24

I found that most people on upwork that claim to have access to TLO are actually lying. 

They just give you a cheap info. Think about it TLO charges $1 a search, how can they offer it of a fraction of that?

The issue is it is hard to get approved by TLO. Searching property owners info is not a permitted use on TLO. 

My question is where else can I get the quality of TLO?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jp Kilduff
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Replied Jan 12 2023, 04:42

Find a skiptracing company with flexible pricing plans, no long-term contracts, and excellent customer service to pair with your list generation. If you'd like a referral code or more information let me know.

User Stats

Votes
Kira Sikes
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Jacksonville Florida
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Jacksonville Florida
Replied Jan 24 2023, 20:49
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:

Find a skiptracing company with flexible pricing plans, no long-term contracts, and excellent customer service to pair with your list generation. If you'd like a referral code or more information let me know.

I would be interested in the referral code. I am about to launch my investor division within my brokerage and doing all my research on the best places to find lists, skip tracing, scripts etc. ANY and ALL advice anyone can give me before we start smiling and dialing would be great!

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jan 25 2023, 06:47

Skipfast. 

User Stats

Votes
Jp Kilduff
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Replied Jan 25 2023, 14:48
Quote from @Kira Sikes:
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:

I would be interested in the referral code. I am about to launch my investor division within my brokerage and doing all my research on the best places to find lists, skip tracing, scripts etc. ANY and ALL advice anyone can give me before we start smiling and dialing would be great!

I sent you a message :)

Account Closed
  • Wholesaler
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
Replied Jan 25 2023, 15:22

Yea, these platforms like zillow, batchleads, propstream etc aren't reliable. It was a waste of time and money! We really need a special system to pull quality lists. I'm not using these platforms anymore. I'm buying these lists now, and I'm finding success with this investment. 

User Stats

Votes
Pablo Avila
  • Real Estate Consultant
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
Replied Jan 27 2023, 06:24
Quote from @Allison Meggison:

batchskiptracing.com is the worst. Their results are inaccurate & the support team is terrible. I still haven't gotten an answer to my question or even a call from them after two months and about 10 emails to them. I sent them a list of 50 names, two of which included myself & my gf. The list I sent had names and addresses. They did send several numbers with each name but none of them were accurate for her or I. We received about 3 numbers per person I believe but they were all extremely old numbers. My gf & I have both had our current cell phone numbers for over five years each & have been at our current address for over two years...

interesting, most of my customers swear by batch skip trace, so this is surprising to me. I'm also building a skip-trace platform soon so check with us :) 

User Stats

Votes
Abraham S.
  • Lakewood, NJ
Votes |
  • Lakewood, NJ
Replied Jun 19 2023, 10:47

I tried a couple of skip tracing services and the results are awful. I understand that I cant expect to get the quality of TLO, but are there any service that is at least as good as truepeoplesearch? I would appreciate your response.

Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Jp Kilduff
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Replied Jun 19 2023, 10:58
Quote from @Abraham S.:

I tried a couple of skip tracing services and the results are awful. I understand that I cant expect to get the quality of TLO, but are there any service that is at least as good as truepeoplesearch? I would appreciate your response.

Thank you

I actually just did a video about this this morning. 

Most of the services on this list all do the same thing - tell a program to go check the same 2 or 3 databases and return data. There is no actual quality behind what they do. If you want high quality results you need to find a solution where they are actually digging into your lists and the results they provide - not just pinging it against a database. 

User Stats

Votes
Salvator Lorick
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Buford, Ga
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Buford, Ga
Replied Aug 28 2023, 15:14
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:
Quote from @Kira Sikes:
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:

Jp can you also send me the referral code? Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 25 2023, 21:56
Quote from @Salvator Lorick:
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:
Quote from @Kira Sikes:
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:

Did you end up trying "best skip trace"? If so, how did it go?

User Stats

Votes
Jp Kilduff
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Replied Oct 3 2023, 10:38
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:
Quote from @Kira Sikes:
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:

Yeah man, I can send you the link with our referral code. Check your inbox buddy!

User Stats

Votes
Christopher Price
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Oct 5 2023, 14:13
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:
Quote from @Kira Sikes:
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:

Yeah man, I can send you the link with our referral code. Check your inbox buddy!

Would be interested in the code as well. Have a group of investors looking to find the better skip tracing companies. Our lists are a lot smaller and more specific and defined. I know others mentioned the larger lists work better, not sure how that makes sense unless is solely on a $$ base for the company.

User Stats

Votes
Salvator Lorick
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Buford, Ga
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Buford, Ga
Replied Oct 10 2023, 08:59
Quote from @Jennifer Durkee:
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:
Quote from @Kira Sikes:
Quote from @Jp Kilduff:

Did you end up trying "best skip trace"? If so, how did it go?

@Jennifer Durkee Unfortunately we did not use the services as of yet. For best skip trace you will need a name to go along with the address. I'm sure having that will only increase the chances of finding the owners information. We're finding abandoned homes and don't have the homeowners name

User Stats

Votes
Clarence Griffin
  • Wholesaler
  • Lafayette, LA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Lafayette, LA
Replied Dec 3 2023, 23:29
Quote from @Will Clark:

@Wes Short I have a guy who does mine for 10c per lead and I cross tested against Batchskip and REIskip and the data was like 87% similar lol. I had always used Batch but now I always recommend to try to find a good individual tracer (besides the Guys for 5 cents a lead on Upwork) 🤣

I know im late to the party, but do you still have contact with him?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 8 2023, 12:10
Quote from @Clarence Griffin:
Quote from @Will Clark:

@Wes Short I have a guy who does mine for 10c per lead and I cross tested against Batchskip and REIskip and the data was like 87% similar lol. I had always used Batch but now I always recommend to try to find a good individual tracer (besides the Guys for 5 cents a lead on Upwork) 🤣

Check out traceestate.com. I have been using them and the sourcing company they acquired for over 2 years. 8 cents an individual and 15 cents an LLC. Over 90% accuracy on the couple hundred thousands I have done.

User Stats

Votes
Clarence Griffin
  • Wholesaler
  • Lafayette, LA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Lafayette, LA
Replied Dec 8 2023, 12:14
Quote from @Stephen Bezouska:
Quote from @Will Clark:

Check out traceestate.com. I have been using them and the sourcing company they acquired for over 2 years. 8 cents an individual and 15 cents an LLC. Over 90% accuracy on the couple hundred thousands I have done.

I appreciate you. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 8 2023, 12:15
Quote from @Stephen Bezouska:
Quote from @Will Clark:

I appreciate you. 

I hope they work well for you! They have been a blessing on my business :)

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 8 2023, 19:55

try kind skip tracing... I haven't tried them; they seem to be the cheapest.

User Stats

Votes
Jp Kilduff
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Brevard Co. Florida
Replied Dec 12 2023, 03:06

@Salvator Lorick You can utilize the county website to find out the names and mailing addresses if the abandoned properties. Once you have that information to submit your skiptracing results will be much more accurate.

User Stats

Votes
Preston Zeller
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Dec 13 2023, 07:55
Quote from @Allison Meggison:

batchskiptracing.com is the worst. Their results are inaccurate & the support team is terrible. I still haven't gotten an answer to my question or even a call from them after two months and about 10 emails to them. I sent them a list of 50 names, two of which included myself & my gf. The list I sent had names and addresses. They did send several numbers with each name but none of them were accurate for her or I. We received about 3 numbers per person I believe but they were all extremely old numbers. My gf & I have both had our current cell phone numbers for over five years each & have been at our current address for over two years...

50 numbers is a poor sample size, no matter what service you use. But perhaps you should try again!

User Stats

Votes
Will Clark
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Jan 8 2024, 03:24
Quote from @Will Clark:

Sure do, have been using for 3+ years now and still think its the best bang for your buck out there.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 17 2024, 12:36

Hi did you ever get your skip platform built? Is it .07 lead? 😃

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 18 2024, 05:35
Quote from @Marcy Ramich:

Hi did you ever get your skip platform built? Is it .07 lead? 😃

Yes, we just launched skipify.ai.  It’s at 7 cents but depends on how much quantity you commit to.