Assignment of contract interference

2 Replies

There are several ways. 

The obvious answer is to open escrow with a title company and take the steps necessary to close in accordance with the terms of the purchase and sale agreement. Most sellers will, if they don’t already, quickly understand that they are obligated to close. The buyer can continue to search for an assignee, partner or lender while the title company prepares the deal for closing.

The second method for preventing a breach by the seller is to make it very clear — often in the agreement itself — that any attempt to do so would be met with legal action to enforce the contract.

Another option would be to record the PSA or a memorandum of its terms in the land records. I would not do this unless I 100% had the ability to close in the event no end buyer could be located.