Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Jason Johnson
  • Clarksville, TN
Votes |
New to RE. Seeking advisors, mentors and guidance!

Jason Johnson
  • Clarksville, TN
Posted Jul 23 2019, 16:19

I am a 24 year old male who lives in Clarksville, TN. I would like some guidance on how to get into real estate. I do not have my real estate license but I will start the process in August. I’d like some individuals who maybe have their license and some who don’t. Can I make money without a license? Do I cap myself if I do not get my RE license? I believe in surrounding myself with people who are pursuing or have accomplished what I am trying to. Please help!

User Stats

Votes
Roland Paicely
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Jul 23 2019, 17:51

Welcome to real estate investing.  To answer your questions:

Can you make money without a license.  Certainly, although there are  benefits to having a license.

No, I don't think that you would automatically cap yourself without a license.  Keep in mind that some states are cracking down on 'wholesalers' without a license.

User Stats

Votes
Eric Yow
  • Clarksville, TN
Votes |
  • Clarksville, TN
Replied Jul 24 2019, 07:58

I live and invest in Clarksville. Welcome to the REI journey. I'd start by networking like crazy. Join the private FB group Clarksville Real Estate Investors Group (CREIG). Go to any REI meetings you can find. And read a lot. Good luck along the way!

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Ron Dayley
  • Clarksville, TN
Votes |
  • Clarksville, TN
Replied Jul 24 2019, 09:28

You don't need a license if you are wanting to invest in Real Estate. If you are wanting to get into investing but don't want to be a Realtor, there is no point in getting a license since you will have fees and CE requirements to keep your license active. But if you are wanting to be a Realtor, then, by all means, take the classes and test.