• Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Votes |
Has anyone ever used Datazap?

Mahmoud Y. Elhalawany
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Posted Aug 1 2019, 21:05

Hey everyone, my partner and I have a bit of a dilemma. We are trying to make a choice between using Datazap (3.5¢) per name, vs REISkip (24¢) per name. Obviously we are tempted to try the cheaper option, but we know there is a catch, it's that cheap for a reason. Has anyone here ever had experience using Datazap for skip tracing? If so how was it? Give me details and be granular. If it was terrible tell me why it was terrible! 

thanks so much for taking the time to read this. 

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Gardena, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Gardena, CA
Replied Aug 1 2019, 22:34

i use datazapp.com almost every day. They are not 3.5 cents. I have been paying only 3 cents for every type of record. This is the best company you will every do business with. This is also the strangest company in the world!!! The person who handles all your transactions and your account answers the phone EVERY TIME ON THE 1ST RING. That Is that refreshing!!!. 

I have had a few very small problems with using this company's website to place my orders. The problem is probably my fault, but for some reason I paid two times for a few of my orders. So, I call on the phone, get instant results, or I send an email and I always get an email back a few minutes later. This past Sunday, I was surprised to get an email to resolve a complicated order that I was placing. I l like to make my deposit on their website and then call on the phone or send an email to place my order.

There lists are very accurate. The way I know is; I send the company a list of my customers and when I get the list back the email addresses and phone numbers are accurate.

SInce, it sounds like you have not used this type of service before, I will tell you what to expect for and and every other service provider.

If you send any company a list of property owners that you own and you want the company to give you the phone numbers and email addresses this is what you can expect .

Send the company 3,000 property addresses - you will receive about 1,000 phone number and 850 email addresses. That means your actual cost for each email address and phone number is 9 cents.

Them, of the 850 email addresses you get you can expect that 25% of them will be non-deliverable. You have to realize that these companies get their information from government records that can be very old. People move, they pass away and they change their email addresses every day.

If you do telemarketing, you can expect that nobody will answer their phone and maybe 50% or more of the phone numbers are no longer in service. I have a super accurate customer database and I have as many as 8 different phone numbers for many of my customers. It is unbelievable that every time I do business with most of my customers I get a different phone number.

Datazapp.com has a $125 minimum. That means you have to purchase 4166 records to use your $125, but Datazapp is even better than every other company because of you pay them $250 in advance they will let you make as many small purchases as you want during a 30-day period until you reach 6,000 records.

The cost to purchases emails and phone numbers is much more expensive when you are using a customer list you own because of what I already explained, but if you don't have a list and you want information for property owners then you can limit your lists to only those that contain both email addresses and phone numbers.

I think the reason most real estate investors don't do a lot of direct mail or bulk email is because it requires a lot of software and technical knowledge. Lists with thousands of records are difficult to manage. If you want to append phone numbers and email addresses to existing databases and Excel sheets you really need to know a lot about how to change records from Excel to comma-delimited files and then how to change the comma-delimited back to Excel. You need software to manage the lists to write large quantities of direct mail pieces and to manage bulk email.

I am a master at working at working with imported data, direct mail, bulk email and working with thousands of records at a time. If you need help then contact me. I don't sell any service nor products and I am only here to help and learn.

User Stats

Votes
Mahmoud Y. Elhalawany
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Replied Aug 2 2019, 04:13

How accurate would you say Datazap is? The extra half a cent per name is for them to scrub against the DNC. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes
Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Gardena, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Gardena, CA
Replied Aug 2 2019, 06:13

The accuracy is stated in the previous post. Since I have datazapp send look up phone numbers and email addresses for existing customers in my database their results is very accurate, but you need to read my previous post to see how much bad data you get from any service due to people changing their email addresses, moving, changing the phone numbers and passing away.

User Stats

Votes
Mahmoud Y. Elhalawany
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Replied Aug 2 2019, 16:32

I see. Well they have been the only people responding to me via email. Them and a private listing broker we have a relationship with. This is my dilemma, we were told to use this service called REIskip from many of the people who taught us. Unfortunately when I went and checked reviews for them they were overwhelmingly negative, some of it was stuff you mentioned in your post above, but a lot of other reviews cited downright dishonesty, like the service taking money, not providing the list and not responding to any sort of email contact. Why is Datazap so cheap? I guess that's what confuses us so much I mean it's almost too good to be true. You are the third person who has told me that Datazap is in fact reliable. 

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Gardena, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Gardena, CA
Replied Aug 2 2019, 17:10

What exactly are you trying to do? What type of lists are you looking for? Are you looking for foreclosures, or something else?

It is my guess that the reason datazapp is less expensive is because the person I speak with on the phone said he was not the owner. I always tell people I am not of the owner of my business so I can make believe I have to go to someone higher to make a decision. I think the person who answers the phone is the owner and maybe he does not have a lot of overhead.

If datazapp tells you they can give you the information you want then I am 100% positive they they will deliver. The company has been very honest and has not been able to give me some lists. I paid the company $500 in advance and the company did a test run on the list and could not deliver. The list I wanted was for the owners of multi-unit properties and there was some sort of problem. So, they gave me credit and I purchased a different list.

If you are looking for a list of pre-foreclosures do not purchase a list from any company. Contact me and I will tell you where to get the best list for free. Then, after you get the list you need to have datazapp look up the owner's name, phone and email address.

I posted a video on youtube showing how to get the pre-foreclosure list, but for some reason BP keeps deleting my post. The video is about 38 minutes long and I am not going to keep writing a post that takes 38 minutes to talk about.

User Stats

Votes
Mahmoud Y. Elhalawany
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Replied Aug 2 2019, 17:21

Yeah I already have a foreclosure list, our county posts it for free online, I would love to watch that video I am going to DM you. 

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Gardena, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Gardena, CA
Replied Aug 2 2019, 19:03

Any list you get from the county is pretty much useless. 95% of the pre-foreclosures will get cancelled. 95% of the properties on the list have not been scheduled to go to the auction and the property owners will get their foreclosures cancelled. That means, 95% of the work you do and the money you spend will be wasted. Go to auction.com and work with the properties that are already scheduled to go to the auction.

User Stats

Votes
Janelle Hudson
  • Selden, NY
Votes |
  • Selden, NY
Replied Aug 3 2019, 04:27

@Jack Orthman Hey Jack, I’m on the hunt for some pre-foreclosure lists myself. I have seen posts that just disappeared on YouTube. What medium can I use to contact you for these lists. That would be of great help! Thanks.

User Stats

Votes
Mahmoud Y. Elhalawany
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Replied Aug 3 2019, 04:52

@Jack, we are looking for distressed property owners. We are wholesaling properties. 

User Stats

Votes
Christian Bermeo
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied Aug 3 2019, 06:20

@Jack Orthman hello, can you send me the link of the video you mentioned? I'm totally newbie on these things and that video can teach me a lot... Thank you

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Gardena, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Gardena, CA
Replied Aug 3 2019, 07:34

BP will delete my post when I post the link to my youtube video. BP wants me to pay for the privilege to post the link to a video that has the same information I can write about.

Auction.com will produce some houses to flip, but if you are going to purchase other lists to try to find houses to wholesale and flip that are not in pre-foreclousure then you would be better to invest your money in lotto tickets. The TV shows and the gurus selling their goods try to make wholesaling and flipping look like a simple business, but it is really a very difficult and full-blow business that requires a super amount of hard work and a much more time than they want you to think. There are a thousand pieces of the puzzle that need to be in place. You may get lucky and find one or two properties, but there are so many people into wholesaling and flipping it is difficult to find a property.

Gurus and people like myself can tell you how we do business and it sounds like what we do is simple. Just because we tell people how we do things does not mean we are rolling in cash. There may be a year when we don't find one good deal and there are significant prices that have to be paid you are not always told about.

You have to look at every facet of real estate and be ready to make a very quick decision when you are investing tens of thousands of dollars. Listening to the wrong people can put you in the hole fast. You need to constantly analyze whether a deal is good to flip, or wholesale, or buy and hold, or stay away from from. You may be looking at single-family homes and miss out on a multi-unit property that does not cost any
more investment cash than the single-family and you will miss out on a gold mine that can make you
filthy rich.

99% of all investors, including the gurus, do not know how to analyze investment properties the right way. I know this is true because I speak with professional investors and brokers  every day virtually every broker and investor I deal with does not know how to do the math the so that you can double your investment capital every 1 to 2 years. In fact, they  tell me that it is an unrealistic goal. Well...I showed everyone a week ago how to turn $500,000 into $5 million in 5 years and it is very feasible. That is why you need to look for the thread and watch my video that BP keeps removing the link for.

User Stats

Votes
Mahmoud Y. Elhalawany
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Raleigh-Durham NC
Replied Aug 3 2019, 09:32

You're exactly right Jack. I always try to investigate what these guys are saying, because I know a lot of this is very difficult and well if it wasn't it would not yield such high rewards for doing it properly and successfully. I know that they're not painting the full picture. But I try to consume every educational source I can on this because I have to learn somehow, I gotta make this work. You seem like a very accomplished man, I tried watching your video but I know I'm gonna have to take notes on these so I am going to watch them tonight after work.

User Stats

Votes
Courtney King
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston, TX
Replied Aug 3 2019, 12:34
Can you message me the link to the video you mentioned?

Originally posted by @Account Closed:

What exactly are you trying to do? What type of lists are you looking for? Are you looking for foreclosures, or something else?

It is my guess that the reason datazapp is less expensive is because the person I speak with on the phone said he was not the owner. I always tell people I am not of the owner of my business so I can make believe I have to go to someone higher to make a decision. I think the person who answers the phone is the owner and maybe he does not have a lot of overhead.

If datazapp tells you they can give you the information you want then I am 100% positive they they will deliver. The company has been very honest and has not been able to give me some lists. I paid the company $500 in advance and the company did a test run on the list and could not deliver. The list I wanted was for the owners of multi-unit properties and there was some sort of problem. So, they gave me credit and I purchased a different list.

If you are looking for a list of pre-foreclosures do not purchase a list from any company. Contact me and I will tell you where to get the best list for free. Then, after you get the list you need to have datazapp look up the owner's name, phone and email address.

I posted a video on youtube showing how to get the pre-foreclosure list, but for some reason BP keeps deleting my post. The video is about 38 minutes long and I am not going to keep writing a post that takes 38 minutes to talk about.

User Stats

Votes
Doug Zain
  • Investor
  • Livonia, MI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Livonia, MI
Replied Aug 3 2019, 13:33

@Jack Orthman

Hi Jack, I would like to know more about your strategies to obtain pre-foreclosure as well as Probate list. What is the best way to communicate with you?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 7 2022, 13:56

@Mahmoud Y. Elhalawany @Courtney King @Christian Bermeo did either of you ever get the referenced youtube link and have any of you used datazapp? If so what were your experiences with the site?

User Stats

Votes
Farhad Khan
  • New to Real Estate
  • Saint Louis
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Saint Louis
Replied Sep 8 2023, 08:56
Quote from @Martez Taylor:

@Mahmoud Y. Elhalawany @Courtney King @Christian Bermeo did either of you ever get the referenced youtube link and have any of you used datazapp? If so what were your experiences with the site?

Hello friends,

Can you please share the Youtube Link if you have and also what do you guys think about datazapp?

User Stats

Votes
Christian Bermeo
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Miami, FL
Replied Feb 2 2024, 11:54

Hi, sorry, I never received the link.