• Rental Property Investor
  • Sedona, AZ
Votes |
Your Top Due Diligence Tips When Working With Wholesalers

Richie Thomas
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Sedona, AZ
Posted Dec 7 2019, 08:53

I'm considering partnering with a wholesaler for my first deal. I found one here on BP who is both a realtor and a wholesaler, which reassures me because they'll need to keep their real estate license in good standing.  The research and online footprints of both the wholesaler and his business partner make them both seem trustworthy (licenses are current, no suspensions, active involvement with thousands of posts here on BP, no red flags on the BBB).  I also plan on finding a realtor in the wholesaler's farm area who offers consulting services, and have them look at the properties the wholesaler sends me, once that process kicks off.

I haven't found anything to make me doubt their credibility, but this is my first rodeo and I'd like to lean on the BP community folks who have been through this before.  I'm interested in performing sufficient research, both on these potential partners AND on the properties they send via their buyer list.  Trust but verify, right?

If you've been buying from wholesalers for awhile, what are the top due diligence checks you've learned to perform over the years?

Loading replies...