Wholesaling Owner Financed Homes

5 Replies

Recently came across a home and a seller is requesting owner financing only. I am a wholesaler but a new one in the industry. Would y’all please provide some direction to me on this subject and whether it is viable to wholesale a house by owner financing only.

Originally posted by @Parker Collins :

Recently came across a home and a seller is requesting owner financing only. I am a wholesaler but a new one in the industry. Would y’all please provide some direction to me on this subject and whether it is viable to wholesale a house by owner financing only.

Yes you can wholesale an owner financed home. You need to find a buyer looking for owner financing and assign your purchase contract to them for a fee. This is a strategy many people focus on especially when there is little to no equity in a property for an investor.

@Parker Collins not likely. Whereas I Owner Finance deals I have insight into your question. I get calls from wholesalers all the time on my properties. I simply tell them that, "I'm selling the property at a retail price." They usually gets off the phone pretty fast at that point. If you want to bring them a buyer get your realtor license or figure a way to do a JV of some kind so you get paid. Unless your working with a seller that does multiple Owner Finance transactions then you are probably just wasting your time without being an agent. You could assign the contract, but a lot of owner Finance sellers want direct contact with the buyer, before moving forward to insure a buyer is a good fit.