Starting in Wholesale

8 Replies

I am new to wholesaling and chasing after my first deal. My biggest issue is finding a seller. It’s seems i can find a buyer with little effort. However, not one seller. I found a site to find properties and gather a list in order to begin cold calling. However, I am getting no luck. I get a few answers of people who want to sell there house but they are far from a deal. Could you all share how you are able to overcome this problem? 

hey Nehemiah, sellers are easy to find especially motivated ones! there's foreclosure.com which has homes in pre-foreclosure, find sellers by conacting your local probate attorney to give you a list of probate houses that have been authorized to sell by the county, or check your good ole county tax assessor for property tax defaulters and offer to buy their homes and make sure your offer clears the lien on the house. Bam!motivated sellers

Originally posted by @Shawn Agaba :

hey Nehemiah, sellers are easy to find especially motivated ones! there's foreclosure.com which has homes in pre-foreclosure, find sellers by conacting your local probate attorney to give you a list of probate houses that have been authorized to sell by the county, or check your good ole county tax assessor for property tax defaulters and offer to buy their homes and make sure your offer clears the lien on the house. Bam!motivated sellers

Probate attorney(s) represent the PR (Personal Representative) The PR represents the estate. The county does not authorize the sale of a probate house.

The PR selects which wholesaler they want to work with and which real estate agent they want to hire to sell the property..

Hey Nehemiah,

I have had tremendous success in Wholesaling so congratulations on pursuing this avenue. I focus on marketing to high equity absentees, foreclosures, tax defaults and vacant properties.

They key is to be able to lock up the deal when you speak to the home owner - make sure to practice your script daily and become highly educated on how you can provide a solution to their needs. People want to sell their house to someone who sounds confident and is a leader in their industry. 

Hope that helps 

@Nehemiah Walls you're welcome, but closing agents aren't a source for seller leads, They are a source for cash buyer leads and closing agents hardly disclose the cash buyer names to you, they will definitely pass your deals over to them. The best place to get motivated sellers is Listsource which gives you a list of motivated sellers, absentee owners, pre-foreclosures, probates, high equity owners who own their home free and clear to at least 10% LTV.

Glad to help, all the best man!