• Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
What am I missing in wholesaling?

Collin Corrington
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Jan 14 2021, 14:30

We have been at this for about a year now and our incoming leads are non existent. We started like most, pulling lists from city and county websites, skip tracing and then throwing them into an auto dialer and called them.. we had an internal guy doing the calls then brought in a VA. We had scripts, when they didnt work we would change them. When that didn't work we would change them again. We would reach out to gurus online and other local more successful wholesalers doing the same thing and still we got nowhere. We called foreclosures, tax delinquency, absentee owners, code violations... and still NOTHING!

Mailers were the next logical option. We sent out thousands of letters. We also sent hundreds of postcards. We have tried various versions of the same letter. And the responses we get are usually telling us where we can stick "things". Again, no sales. 

We've done Facebook ads, Google ads, Carrot Websites, still nothing.

We switched over texting and have had more leads come in but very few willing to set appointments and none closed.  We have even expanded to other areas of town and even other surrounding cities and even then nothing.  The handful deals we have done have been inbound leads.  But my inbound leads have been coming from my personal network, not our marketing efforts. 

I know one thought is going to be me.  I don't want to sound arrogant but I've been in sales for 15 years and done quite well.  I may not be the best at wholesale sales but I can't be terrible.  

What are we doing wrong? Where can we get better? What more is needed?  I'm coachable so I'd love any feedback. 

Loading replies...