• Fresno, CA
Votes |
Insurance in Wildfire Zone

Sarah Blesse
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Fresno, CA
Posted Dec 1 2022, 10:05

I'm looking for advice on insurance providers in Mariposa county. We're looking at purchasing a STR and having a hard time finding a property insurer that will take on both fire and home insurance. Anyone have luck in these areas not using the Fair Act providers? Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Brian Bohrer
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Dec 1 2022, 11:35

Hey Sarah,

Is there a particular reason for not having two separate policies besides convenience?  If no one offers them together, then you probably aren't saving much money vs a potentially non-existent provider who could offer both under one policy.  If time is of the essence, then take the 2 providers.  If not, wait it out and see what comes along :)  Have you contacted local insurance brokers vs agencies?

I wish you the best!  Take Care,

User Stats

Votes
Travis Beck
  • Fresno, CA
Votes |
  • Fresno, CA
Replied Dec 2 2022, 04:47

Sarah,

Congrats on the new investment. I’m the Fresno local Bigger Pockets Premium Agent, if there is anything I can do to help out let me know. Chris Collier is a Farmers agent and specializes in the Shaver Lake Bass Lake areas so he might be a good one to reach out to. He just helped us insure a cabin in Shaver Lake and premium wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected. 559-287-4181 is his phone number. Hope that helps!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Nishit Sardessai
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Santa Clara, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Santa Clara, CA
Replied Jan 12 2023, 18:31
Quote from @Sarah Blesse:

I'm looking for advice on insurance providers in Mariposa county. We're looking at purchasing a STR and having a hard time finding a property insurer that will take on both fire and home insurance. Anyone have luck in these areas not using the Fair Act providers? Thanks!

Were you able to get something going? I am analyzing a deal in the Shaver Lake area and am worried about the same things.

User Stats

Votes
Gurbeer Sangha
  • Realtor
  • Fresno, CA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Fresno, CA
Replied Jan 12 2023, 20:48

Hey Sarah!

You are going to need a California FAIR plan with an insurance wrap-around. It should be easy for an experienced insurance agency. I would recommend Kingsburg Insurance Agency, as I have gotten policies like that from them in the past. Feel free to reach out if I can be of any help, given I also invest in the area!