Andrew Martin
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
FHA has not accepted my loan for FHA insurance post closing

Andrew Martin
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted Jan 3 2023, 19:34

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a home with an FHA mortgage, after closing I received a letter from my lender that the FHA has not accepted my loan for FHA insurance and now my loan is no longer an FHA loan.

How is this possible? I am in any danger of the lender calling in the mortgage since they will have a harder time selling it off without the FHA insurance?

Any advice would be appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Rod Hanks
Pro Member
  • Insurance Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Insurance Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 3 2023, 21:25
Quote from @Andrew Martin:

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a home with an FHA mortgage, after closing I received a letter from my lender that the FHA has not accepted my loan for FHA insurance and now my loan is no longer an FHA loan.

How is this possible? I am in any danger of the lender calling in the mortgage since they will have a harder time selling it off without the FHA insurance?

Any advice would be appreciated.

In all my years in business I have never heard of that. It makes me think that some kind of fraud was detected post closing. But I’m just guessing. I would definitely get on the phone with the bank or mortgage broker who originated the loan and see what’s going on.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jan 14 2023, 15:59

@Andrew Martin

The mortgage broker should be able to advise what happened

It could be due to how it was originated, missing docs or something like a borrower took out another loan between application and closing

These are usually called scratch and debt loans

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.