User Stats

Votes
Hung Pham
Votes |
Seeking Rental Insurance Recommendations

Hung Pham
Posted Jan 8 2024, 11:14

Hi BP community,

I'm facing a significant increase in my rental insurance premium this year and need recommendations for insurance companies. If you've had similar experiences or know of insurers with competitive rates and good coverage, please share your insights. 

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Postell
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Jan 8 2024, 11:49

@Hung Pham try some local real estate meetup groups. Meetup.com is a good resource for those but some of the groups will also post here on Bigger Pockets Marketplace too. Even facebook might have some good local groups for you. But post locally for this. That’s the best bet.

Guaranteed Rate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Bock
Tax & Financial Services
#1 Personal Finance Contributor
  • Financial Advisor
  • Bryn Mawr, PA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
#1 Personal Finance Contributor
  • Financial Advisor
  • Bryn Mawr, PA
Replied Jan 9 2024, 04:44

@Hung Pham

Who's your current carrier?  Most companies are going to do large increases this year and being in the city you are in a plaintiff attorneys paradise I would not focus entirely on lowest cost.    

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Hung Pham
Votes |
Replied Jan 9 2024, 10:02
Quote from @Jonathan Bock:

@Hung Pham

Who's your current carrier?  Most companies are going to do large increases this year and being in the city you are in a plaintiff attorneys paradise I would not focus entirely on lowest cost.    

My current carrier is Erie. Do you have any suggestions on companies that mix good rates with solid coverage? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Tony Wilcox
  • Insurance Agent
Votes |
  • Insurance Agent
Replied Jan 9 2024, 10:13

If the homes are in PA, you should have numerous options for carriers depending on the type of coverage you want and condition of the property. Shoot me a msg and we can go over some scenarios if you would like