Investor friendly Insurance agent in Kansas City Mo

6 Replies

Good Morning Fellow Investors

I was wondering if anyone could refer me to a good investor friendly insurance agent in the Kansas City Missouri Area. I am submitting several offers on some vacant properties and want to make sure that they are insurable and also get a reasonable rate.

Have a good day

@Tim Sieg one of the most successful insurance programs for flips/rehabs and vacant properties, REI Guard, is based in Kansas City MO. I will PM you the link.

I recommend REI Guard as well!

I use State Farm for all my policies. Have found them to be very competitively priced & they're a big name. I use Matt Shrum as my agent who deals with a lot of investors. He's in the Grain Valley office. You can PM me for contact info.

I'll second (or third) @Jason Bott and @Sean Tarpenning in recommending REI Guard for investment properties.

If you google National Real Estate Insurance Group, you should find the REI website at the top of the list. They are very investor-specific so they make it very easy to get quotes quickly, and then easily convert your policy from builder's risk to vacant to rentals.

They write business nationally and everything can be done quickly online so location isn't as relevant, but it's a nice perk to have a Kansas City based company. 

@Tim Sieg I can recommend REI Guard as well for what you are doing. For potentially better prices on a fully stabilized buy and hold rental you might also check out another company headquartered in MO, Shelter Insurance.

Several of our members use the insurance company referred by National REIA - - our members that are using RealProtect for their rentals are saving several $100 if not several $1000 over their local insurance companies.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here