Votes
Mary Ann Casey
  • Lafayette, CA
Votes |
Multiple Umbrella Policies?

Mary Ann Casey
  • Lafayette, CA
Posted May 23 2018, 14:02

I need help finding umbrella insurance, and I've learned there's no better place to ask my RE questions than on the BP forum!   :)

My husband and I would like to purchase umbrella insurance We *think* we need multiple policies, possibly 3 of them, broken down by who owns what.   Here's our situation - What would you advise?  

• My husband and I (together) jointly own our personal home in CA (we have a mortgage on it).
  • My husband alone owns 1 vacation property in ME, 3 single family rentals in CA with mortgages, and 6 single-family rentals in IN.
  • My IRA owns 2 single family rental properties in IN and 1 single-family rental property in OH.

None of these properties are currently in a trust or LLC, they are just in our names and the name of my IRA.

So far, I've talked to Geico and Foremost since we have dwelling insurance with them.  No luck with either.

I definitely want to cover all these properties (and maybe our boats and cars, too) with umbrella insurance.

So:  Who do I call for umbrella insurance?  What should I do?  Or What would you do?

Loading replies...