Skip to content
Insurance

User Stats

Votes
Eric Martin
  • Investor
  • Valparaiso, IN
Votes |
Buy a house and get a new insurance policy with open claims?

Eric Martin
  • Investor
  • Valparaiso, IN
Posted May 15 2019, 23:16

Upon advice from my property manager, he said I should have my roofs looked at by an insurance adjuster to see if there was any damage, and if so, try to get a new roof. I have 7 properties, and of those, the adjust said I had 4 properties with hail damage. I decided to go ahead with the insurance adjuster and make 4 claims on these properties. The insurance company (all the same insurer) has said 3/4 can eligible for a full replace for the deductible (5000 each property) I filed these claims last December, and they looked at the roofs with the insurance company in April because of snow. I'm wondering what peoples experiences are with insurance adjusters. I have 2 questions though, as an investor I will be hoping to buy again soon, with 4 open claims would an insurance company insure me? In addition say in 4 months the claims are complete, will it still be very hard to find insurance, or will I have to pay for more high risk type insurance. I am mostly concerned that no insurance will insure me at this point despite having great credit because of 4 claims.

Loading replies...