insurence.

6 Replies

Hey how do I insure the property so the people who decide I'll damaged the property before I'm forced out so the guy who one the bid will have a new problem with his new house. Thanks.

Originally posted by "Foleno":
Hey how do I insure the property so the people who decide I'll damaged the property before I'm forced out so the guy who one the bid will have a new problem with his new house. Thanks.

What exactly are you asking? Can you rephrase the question?

Hi. I would like insurance for the property I’m bidding on after I win the bid at auction. I know there are people occupying the property. I’m sure they will try to be spiteful and damaged the property. Does anyone know what kind of insurance I can get.

In most states you'll get a Fire and EC (extended coverage) for any house that is NON OWNER OCCUPIED. It's the same coverage as your homeowner's insurance except it has no coverage for CONTENTS, which aren't YOURS to insure.

BTW, I seem to have read somewhere that incidents of DISPOSSESSED SELLERS damaging their property is MUCH LOWER than "urban myths" would have us believe. I've purchased about 30 ppties this way and NONE of them have ever had intentional damage, although I once evicted a tenant that did about $1,000 damage intentionally and I saw a neighbor take a chainsaw to about 20 feet of load bearing wall during an ugly divorce.

all cash

What insurence company do you use. The several I've tried here in PA keep saying no and then referrring me to somebody who eventually says no to but then refers me to somebody is. You been very helpful so far thanks.