moving and living in belize

10 Replies

I would like to sell my mortgage free home and five acres in oklahoma and move to belize. ...any help for me out there? Advise. ...has any one bought/ live thete

Originally posted by @Brenda Seitz :
I would like to sell my mortgage free home and five acres in oklahoma and move to belize. ...any help for me out there? Advise. ...has any one bought/ live thete

@Sharon Tzib should be able to help you out with this question. Can somebody mention her?

thank you cal c...searching for her. . New here

Where in OK is your home?

henryetta ok..up on a hill west 2 miles west of hispital

I have a sil that moved there for a couple years, bought a lot to build on etc. For her, It just didn't seem right and the actual costs were not much less but the climate was to her liking. She eventually sold the lot and came back to U.S. Rich

Are you wanting to live in Ambergris Caye? Supposed to be one of the nicest islands, if not the nicest in the world. And, ripe for investment as well, yet pricey.

Ambergris can be pricey compared to other areas of Belize and Central America, but it is fairly cheap compared to places in the Caribbean.

As an example, beach front in Ambergris sells for 10K a linear foot, but the average in the Caribbean is around 24K a linear foot of beach front, so it is still undervalued by Caribbean standards.

@Brenda Seitz if you have any questions about investing in Ambergris please let me know, I am part of a development team that is building the largest development in the history of the Island.

As for living on the mainland, that is a question that is better suited for Sharon.

Hi @Brenda Seitz - feel free to PM me. I have lived in Belize for the past four years, currently in Placencia but will be relocating to Houston in the near future. I own and operated a Property Management firm while here. Happy to help you how I can.

@Sharon Tzib We vacationed in San Ignacio bc we wanted to visit all the mayan ruins and pyramids around there and absolutely loved it. What are you thoughts on that area?

Hey @Katie Brewer ! My husband is from San Ignacio and I lived there for 2+ years (I also lived in Placencia and Ambergris Caye). I really like the Cayo District a lot. Very affordable, super nice people (both locals and expats), close proximity to rivers, rainforests and ruins, as well as the Guatemala border for shopping and medical runs. My husband is there right now visiting family :) Glad you enjoyed it.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here