Skip to content
Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
Yancy Martin
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Corona, CA
Votes |
CalHFA and FHA is your best bet for 100% financing.

Yancy Martin
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Corona, CA
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:47

CalHFA and FHA is your best bet for 100% financing.

Times are different when it comes down to a qualified borrower. If you have a low credit score, you don't make enough money. Guess what? Most people will tell you that you can't get a loan for your new home. The only way to get financed is to bring in a minimum of a 5% down payment.

Well let me give you an update on what is happening with the real estate financing market. The government established the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) in 1934 to improve existing housing standards and conditions.

Really? 1934. So what I see here is that the financing market has been bad before. WOW!!! I guess history does repeat itself. This should all be common sense for all of us. The market has to go through this stage. So for those who are first time homebuyers, now is the time to take advantage of what the government has for you.

CalHFA and FHA were made for first time homebuyers. This enables first time homebuyers to get into a home without being overcharged by brokers. Another good thing is that you have 100% financing available for you. They also allow you to receive down payment assistance.
The best part of CalFHA and FHA is there is no minimum credit score required.

Did you know that in San Bernardino California, you can receive up to 30% for a down payment towards your new home? These are things that have always been around but because we were blinding by subprime and conventional financing, we never bothered to do some homework and research our surrounding areas and cities.

CalHFA and FHA is what I call smart lending and is much better than the conventional financing and extremely better than subprime.

You see CalHFA and FHA aren't new programs, these programs have always been available, the problem is that subprime and conventional was a faster process which led those brokers and agents that wanted to make money quick, well they picked the quicker and less "strict" route.

Do a search on CalHFA and FHA to find out more info on how first time homebuyers can receive 100% financing, down payment assistance, and with no minimum credit score.

Yancy Martin
Real Estate Finance