• Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Votes |
Dallas REALLY sucks!!

Rich Weese#2 Off Topic Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • the villages, FL
Posted Apr 15 2015, 04:31

I've been here for last 3 days finding some apartments to exchange into. How do you guys that live here EVER get to an appointment on time? This traffic looks like all 400 million people in the country are on YOUR roads at all times! 

Arrived Sunday- Stuck on interstate for almost 2 hours. Finally got past remaining debris. Red P/U crushed and upside down in center land with 3 firetrucks blocking all lanes. Heard later that there were casualties and sorry about that.

Monday- Tried to visit property in Grand Prarie and then over to Garland. Stuck again and arrived 46 minutes late. Wierd to watch my Gps to say I'm further away as each minute goes by!

Tuesday- the capper- I had 4 appointments and was late to every single one. I even doubled my anticipated length of travel as per GPS. I thought I was being smart. I was jammed up again returning back to Hotel in Grand Prairie and jammed up  again on I-20. I thought I'd be smart and get off freeway. I ended up further away and GPS wanted to keep sending me back to I-20! Not sure I made up time, but it felt good  to have car actually moving.

Wed- Now I have a breakfast appt over by Love Field. I'm in Grand Prarie. Gps gives me estimated time-I'm doubling it.

Dallas is a great place to come and buy apts. but I would definitely go bonkers if I had to live here. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting back to The Villages in FL and my golf cart and Viper.  I would have no use for either if I lived here.

Have a great day.

Rich

Loading replies...