Nick Brubaker
  • Decatur, GA
Votes |
Colorado Markets Long-Term

Nick Brubaker
  • Decatur, GA
Posted Jul 8 2015, 18:18

Hi everyone!

I am from Atlanta, Georgia, but currently live in Tokyo, Japan. I and my wife will be moving to the US toward the end of the year. We will be looking for somewhere to settle and invest in RE long term. We are therefore looking at both overall quality of life (raising a family, etc.) and REI potential.

I understand the Colorado market is hot right now and keeps climbing. We likely would not be able to get in as well until possibly the spring of 2016. I don't want to invest in overvalued markets. At the same time my intentions are long term.

I am curious what all of you think about the long-term forecast of markets in Colorado, particularly in and near the hub of Denver. I know many people have similar interests to mine and that the state and Denver are experiencing a lot of influx. I don't want to be caught in an overheated or frothy market. But I still wonder if colorado is a safe bet long term (10, 20, 30 years from now). I realize I can always live where I want to live and invest where it is cheaper to invest, but I would really like to focus my efforts near where I live. I'm not as much interested in cashflow as I am in overall wealth creation.

What do you all think? Will I face too much competition and risk overvaluation if I start investing in Colorado, near Denver, in the spring of 2016?

Thank you!

Loading replies...