Looking to invest in ct for my first time

12 Replies

I am looking to purchase my first investment property as a multi family and my limit is 100k.  I am very new to this business so I would like to meet and learn from the best professionals in this business. Im interested in investing in the Connecticut. Please let me which area in Connecticut is good and tax friendly. I'm from NYC.

@Leo Don ,

Welcome to the Best Real Estate Site on the Net.
It is always nice to see another Ct., resident in the forums.
Click on the "learn tab" at the top of the page, and you could be spending many hours on the Information that is available.
Raymond

Welcome Leo, I'm also new to CT and done some few rehabs in FL. This site is great, I've been absorbing as much as I can, there is a ton of GREAT info here. 

Originally posted by @Leo Don:

I am looking to purchase my first investment property as a multi family and my limit is 100k.  I am very new to this business so I would like to meet and learn from the best professionals in this business. Im interested in investing in the Connecticut. Please let me which area in Connecticut is good and tax friendly. I'm from NYC.

I appreciate the inputs guys. I know real estate it's a team game and that's why I'm looking for people that I can do work with. I would appreciate any referrals for a good buyer agents for investor like myself. Please keep me posted. 

Hello Leo Don , I am an investor and real estate agent in CT. I am assuming since you are from NY you would like to stay closer towards that side? The western side of CT has all of the money and expensive housing. Without needing extensive rehab, you probably won't find much/ if anything in Fairfield County. New Haven county is reasonably priced but you'll just have to stay out of the warzones. I myself live on the Eastern side of CT and frequently travel to Fairfield County, I prefer to keep my money on the eastern side where properties are cheaper and the rents are still good.

Hello @Leo Don CT isn't that big a state compared to NY (I was born in upstate New York).  If you need an investor friendly realtor who knows the I84 corridor area, talk to @Michael Noto . I just finished my 1st property with him and I am looking at starting towards the second.

Hi Leo, 

I'd recommend that you also check out a local REI club. They're valuable when it comes to networking and learning the ins-and-outs directly from your colleagues.

Best of luck, 

Stacy

I appreciate all the great responses. Please if anyone have any referral agents that worked with previously and looking to assist me please contact me. Thanks 

Certainly don't miss the Fairfield meet up hosted by @Jonathan Makovsky

100k should suit you just fine in Fairfield county as long as you're willing to use that along with hard money or outside capital. The market is very competitive though, I should warn you.

Welcome to BP! Always glad to have another investor in the area!

Echoing what @Travis Lloyd said. The Fairfield meetup is great. Wide range of experience there. 

any recommended area In new haven or Hartford? as always thanks for any inputs. 

thanks johnathan I would really appreciate getting connected with Michael noto. I also appreciate your inputs very helpful insights.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.