First 160 podcasts are amazing!

13 Replies

So far I have listened to the first 160 podcasts. It is very interesting to hear everyone's different strategies in investing. The "history" that  I have been learning is very important to look at. I would like to know how to analyze a market and if there are any tools that I can use to give me an advantage? Thanks for your help. 

I have compiled a list of my favorite podcasts so far. These have greatly influenced my knowledge and I think everyone should listen to them if they would like to invest in real estate. I started the list at number 60 I have yet to go back and listen to the first ones and complete the list. 

Show #60

Show #70 

Show #77 

Show #93 

Show #108 

Show #109 

Show #110 

Show #111 

Show #113 

Show #117 

Show #121 buy and hold

Show #125 Micheal Gerber emyth

Show #131with Serge shoecot

Show #133

Show #134 BMX biker

Show #135 raising money

Show #140 books to read.

Show #141

Show #152 top guys in real estate

Show #153 600k in debt to 150k per month in passive income

Show #155 be friends with people that get you deals

Show # 156 lifestyle engineering

Show #157 miracle morning 

Thanks, 

Dustin Gale 

@Dustin Gale In terms of the tools to analyze the market, you have to select a market first. Key things to consider/evaluate in any geo area: job growth, population growth, major employers in the area (ensure these are permanent ones, f.e. hospital), town/city population size, supply vs demand for housing and what type of housing. With today's technology tools are at your fingertips. Search BP or Google and you will get a ton of information to digest and analyze.

Best of luck!

@Dustin Gale Thank you for this Dustin, there are so many that I have trouble sifting through them, and I'm a little too A.D.D. to listen and focus on them while I work. I usually burn through them at 2x speed, but I'll back up and slow them down for something that sounds particularly enlightening.

@caleb Richardson I now have about 20 podcasts left until I have listened to them all. It is interesting to start listening to things that are happening right now. I find the knowledge from how the market was doing the past few years very valuable. I can't wait to apply that knowledge to my real estate investing this year and listen to the podcasts as they come out. 

Originally posted by @Scott Morongell :

@Dustin Gale I think you will find different markets are better for different strategies. I think you should focus on what strategy your wanting to implement and then dive deeper. Census.gov has a wealth on statistical information. 

Thank you for the website suggestion! I will check it out now. Do you have any other websites that you use to help you analyze an area? I would be really interested to find a site that has information about where businesses are planning to expand and how many jobs they will create. 

I am currently looking in the Midwest and have semi pieced together a team out there. SLC is pretty hot and I am not seeing that great of numbers. I am looking for high cash flow properties in B or C areas with a solid population and business growth. Right now I am looking in Kansas and Missouri. 

Originally posted by @Dustin Gale :
Originally posted by @Scott Morongell:

@Dustin Gale I think you will find different markets are better for different strategies. I think you should focus on what strategy your wanting to implement and then dive deeper. Census.gov has a wealth on statistical information. 

Thank you for the website suggestion! I will check it out now. Do you have any other websites that you use to help you analyze an area? I would be really interested to find a site that has information about where businesses are planning to expand and how many jobs they will create. 

I am currently looking in the Midwest and have semi pieced together a team out there. SLC is pretty hot and I am not seeing that great of numbers. I am looking for high cash flow properties in B or C areas with a solid population and business growth. Right now I am looking in Kansas and Missouri. 

You can set up google alerts for an easy way to stay up to date on where jobs are relocating to and how many jobs will be formed. For example, Ohio Jobs or Ohio employment 

Originally posted by @Scott Morongell :
Originally posted by @Dustin Gale:

You can set up google alerts for an easy way to stay up to date on where jobs are relocating to and how many jobs will be formed. For example, Ohio Jobs or Ohio employment 

Wow! How did I not know about Google alerts! This is amazing thank you so much for sharing this with me. That is an amazing way to stay up to date with current events in markets that I am looking into! 

Originally posted by @Dustin Gale :
Originally posted by @Dustin Gale:

Wow! How did I not know about Google alerts! This is amazing thank you so much for sharing this with me. That is an amazing way to stay up to date with current events in markets that I am looking into! 

You bet!