Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
Harrison Custer
Votes |
Where to now honey?

Harrison Custer
Posted Nov 14 2018, 07:56

My wife and I are fairly new to investing. I have been flipping homes for others off and on for the past 7 years in Salt Lake City, that has gone well and I have learned a lot we just sold our last flip and we will come out of it debt free and with $20,000 to put forward to our next project. I would like to move away from flips and into brrr-ing. I am a contractor and I feel like I can find plenty of work anywhere in the country so we are very open to moving. Especially because we feel the market in salt lake is just too high for us to buy into. 

My question is, where in the country should we move? We have been referred to St. Louis MO, Boise ID, Atlanta GA, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, and Houston. Of all of these in doing some small research I am leaning toward St. Louis but I have heard some negative things about it as well. Where should we go? Any other places that should be on the list? 

Additional info: I am not very spooked by the idea of less desirable neighborhoods, I feel like a good property manager can resolve most of those concerns. 

Loading replies...