Clayton Morris flees the Country

24 Replies

So where’s he going?

Probably going to sell the same rubbish.... different country???? Oh dear

@Marisa R.   Decamped to Portugal..  quick on line search indicates its one of the few Western European countries with no or limited treaties with the US>  like one of the lawyers representing one of the victims said.. innocent people don't flee.

the wife has written a blog article on her blog thingee  which is just so self serving and its amazing all the people that comment we still love you .. be well its not your fault all that stuff.

and you know they did the same thing in Detroit were you work.. they were talking people into buying sub 50k houses which as we know in  most markets are about as tough to run as anything in the US>

their model was BROKEN day one.. low end D class and C class is just not a sustainable asset for anyone but a VERY hands on local who sources at cost and rehabs at cost.. Kind of like what you have done ..  Sitting in your living room in Los Angles and thinking your team is going to create returns with these particular assets is just not reality. 

They are NOT skipping the country. They are confronting all their various soul challenges on wings of eagles. Love is lifting them up where they belong.

Portugal is on the most recent list of Top 10 places to retire. Cost of living is one of the lowest in Europe, healthcare is pretty good, weather is moderate and the place is beautiful. The Algarve is fantastic!

That said, if their partner is truly the one at fault, this doesn't make sense. They have the advantage of people in media....put Whalen on blast; sway public opinion and get attorneys on him. While I love their choice of country, this move does leave me believing they're guilty. 

Very interesting, and smells like running.  As grandma always said, "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"

@Anthony Dooley I’ll say it now, he’s the first scumbag guru to be exposed in this cycle, but he won’t be the last. Just wait til the tide goes out, then we’ll really see who’s been swimming naked.

He always advised not to fall in love with a house and that he views them as simply four walls and a roof . Wonder if he will think of his 6x6 cell the same way ? Four barred  walls ,a cot ,and a toilet .... and a giant hairy guy named bubba to keep him company on those lonely nights 

It's an interesting perspective From the report:

"But it also is true that Morris does not have to return to the country to defend himself if he has an attorney here representing him.

However, if he simply tried to ignore a lawsuit and not engage local counsel, she said the plaintiff could win a default judgment against him.

And because these are civil cases, rather than criminal, a court would not take action to extradite a defendant to bring them to trial"

Originally posted by @Dennis M. :

He always advised not to fall in love with a house and that he views them as simply four walls and a roof . Wonder if he will think of his 6x6 cell the same way ? Four barred  walls ,a cot ,and a toilet .... and a giant hairy guy named bubba to keep him company on those lonely nights 

All the boner pills in the world ain't gonna help him when Bubba wants his Eskimo kisses.

Originally posted by @Jim K. :
Originally posted by @Dennis M.:

All the boner pills in the world ain't gonna help him when Bubba wants his Eskimo kisses.

If there’s any silver lining to his plight it could be that he will likely become a master at making  toilet wine over the next few years . There’s nothing more satisfying than sipping on a fermented merlot seasoned in your commode with the passages of time after a hard day of busting rocks in the sun . 

I keep seeing their fb ad for their financial freedom courses popping up in my fb feed. It’s taking a lot of restraint not to post “so how many houses in Indy do I need to buy to achieve financial freedom”

Originally posted by @Lee Bell :

He can sing along with that old Genesis song.

Done me wrong, same old song, forever!

The felon and his felony.

Or Traffics song Low Sparks of the high heeled boys.

The man in the new suit is getting rich on your dreams....!!!!!!!  

WEll if he were to end up in San Quentin with a nice view of the SF BAy  accomdations are  4X 10  for two.. 

Originally posted by @Jim K. :
Originally posted by @Dennis M.:

If there’s any silver lining to his plight it could be that he will likely become a master at making  toilet wine over the next few years . There’s nothing more satisfying than sipping on a fermented merlot seasoned in your commode with the passages of time after a hard day of busting rocks in the sun . 

Jim and Denny,

You guys are hilarious!

Good thing you guys are far from me - we might all become drinking buddies and not accomplish anything good ;)

On a serious note...I agree with you @Jay Hinrichs: to succeed with C & D properties, you got to be hands on and since we are vertically integrated (in house construction company)...we can make it work but also if you have the economies of scale with apartment buildings.

@Anthony Dooley

Or maybe Outlaw by WAR...

Something smells when you scream to everyone your innocence but decide the only way to fight for your name is via a one way ticket to a cozy place with little chance of extradition.

Originally posted by @Ron Fletcher :

@Brent Crosby

Love the Warren Buffett quote which applies perfectly

Hey thanks! Timeless wisdom

Regardless of what his “stand by my man” wife says, Clayton has a lot of culpability.

Clayton and Natalie keep blaming Bert Whalen from Oceanpointe and say he was a business associate who is responsible for all the losses. Really? How deceptive of Clayton to sign the Purchase & Sale Agreement as the “Seller” and then blame Ocean Pointe because that name appears in the closing docs. No one ever heard of Bert Whalen and we all bought properties based on Clayton’s representations. He is doing a bait and switch like any good con man.

Bert Whalen is still in IN and yet poor innocent Clayton and his “know it all” wife have fled the country to a jurisdiction where they cannot be extradited. 

Smells stinky and fishy. Send Natalie to Chowchilla prison and Clayton to San Quentin in prison uniforms where they can podcast to other prisoners. Let’s see how long they last!! I am guessing that Clayton received referral fees on 1000 if not 2000 homes sold. At $6000 a pop, he is sitting on $6 to $12 million while he has robbed hard working Americans like me. I have no sympathy for this crook and fraudster!!