Skip to content
Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
Lukas Zupan
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
'08 RE Crash - What Was Going On In Your Life?

Lukas Zupan
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Posted Dec 17 2019, 06:13

For those of you who don't want to know about me and instead want to get to the point of this post move on to "2". 

1.)

My name is Lukas Zupan - I'm a real estate investor in OKC, and I also own a RE photography business that specializes in 3D Tours. I have been in this game for 3 years now and I love studying real estate and learning, and since I started, I've overcome false beliefs and acquired new mindsets. (including realizing I should have and more importantly *could* have bought most if not all the houses I wholesaled while I learned) Still, I regret none of it and I carry on learning!
I was 8 years old
when my family moved from Vegas to Oklahoma City when our land-lord collected rent for a few months on our apartment complex at the time (2008) and skipped to Brazil. Or that apparently was the story, and I have since realized that also happened to many people. Much of my memory of that time makes more sense now, however...I was certainly not an 8-year-old real estate investor just chomping at the bit to get houses for pennies again. Now, over 10 years later I realize that all the markers are in place to betray another correction is imminent, and..."overdue"

2.)

Boom. Personal blurb complete. The reason I am deeply interested in your personal story surrounding the market crash/correction of 2008 is that my perspective of market cycles is largely from second-hand experience. While I'm interested in your experience of market cyles in general, (you Veterans out there!) and I don't mind mentions of historic trends and crashes prior to '08, I would like to keep the specifics more related to our most recent cycle.

There is no right or wrong answer, just feel free to share whatever comes to mind about your story around that time. I look forward to chatting!

-Lukas Zupan

Loading replies...