Steve W.
  • USA
Votes |
Fayetteville, NC COVID Resilience

Steve W.
  • USA
Posted Nov 20 2020, 12:22

Dear Fayetteville NC Investors:

Given the bull market (read: high prices) leading up to 2019, I wanted to find a long-distance Market that wouldn't chew me up, spit me out, and take all my lunch money if there happens to be a Market correction. I stumbled across Fayetteville, and reasoned it could be resilient with the assumption of Fort Bragg providing a backstop to the local economy, the main metric being employment.

But then COVID happened and I realized a potential vulnerability in my assumption: it doesn't matter if Fort Bragg can provide $$$ to the local economy if the local economy is shut down (maybe is wasn't /isn't).

I found this Forbes article that actually lists Fayetteville NC as one of the top places to invest during COVID. Seems to put my concern at bay.

https://fortune.com/2020/07/17/where-to-invest-real-estate-buy-sell-homes-best-worst-places-us-coronavirus-pandemic-housing-market/amp/

To the Fayetteville NC investors, in your experience how has COVID impacted the market? Do you agree that Fayetteville is in fact resilient to market corrections, even given the most recent current events?

Loading replies...