I wanted to provide some useful information to you all about the cost of remodeling different parts of a property. We’ll start with the bathroom and move throughout the house. So . . .From Luxury Housing Trends:
If you’re thinking of tweaking (or completely overhauling) your bathroom, you might be wondering what kind of cost you’re looking at. Here’s a summary of costs, based on projects, according to Taunton’s New Bathroom Idea Book.
- Cost up to $1,000 = Mostly cosmetic stuff. New paint and a new toilet or sink or new flooring.
- Between $1,000 and $2,500 = Install a new toilet and sink or replace the tub or shower, but you’ll probably have to keep the same layout.
- Cost between $2,500 and $7,500 = Minor floor plan changes, new floors, fixtures, finish materials.
- $7,500 to $12,000 = You can do a fairly complete rehab with changes to the floor plan and add a new window or skylight.
- $12,000 to $20,000 = If you’re using premium materials or adding luxury items (jetted tub, etc), bathroom remodels can jump into this price range. This usually covers things like enlarging the bathroom or converting a closet as well.
We’ll continue with other areas in upcoming posts. For more rehabbing info, check out our rehabbing resources.