As 2006 comes to a close, we all start thinking about our resolutions for 2007. Why wait until next year to figure out what you want to accomplish in the coming year. Any business adviser worth his salt will tell you that goal-setting is of the utmost importance when running a business. As we all know, any endeavor in real estate is an endeavor in business. With that in mind, lets all start to set our Real Estate Goals for 2007!
I’m going to borrow an idea from Ben and announce the Real Estate Goal Group Writing Project for 2007.
If we can share our goals with one another, we can hold each other accountable to them.
We will be randomly giving away prizes (more on prizes) to participants in the group writing project, so you’ve now got incentive to participate!
Announcing the 2007 Real Estate Goals Group Writing Project
The contest is open to anyone who wants to participate. We hope to hear about goals of every kind, from people in all facets of real estate: investors, home owners, renters, agents, lenders, architects, decorators, contractors, etc!
- Write at least one post on your blog discussing Your Real Estate Goals of 2007 between Monday, December 25 and
Saturday December 30, 2006Friday, January 5, 2007 (project end date). Any entries recieved after that date will not be eligible for a prize.
- This post can be in any form you’d like (photo essay, list, etc.), and in any language you like. Be creative!
- Post a link to this post (Note: BiggerPockets is one word) (And feel free to use the image in this post.)
- Tag your post (for Technorati – not necessary, though), “BiggerPockets goals”. This will help us track the various posts.
- Email me to let me know about your post [josh (at) biggerpockets.com]. Be sure to include in your message your name, the post title, and the post url
- We will include at least 2 links to your post on our blog; there will be a master list of all submissions (TBA)
We’re hoping to spread this project to the entire Real Estate Blogging Community, and to everyone else who is remotely involved in real estate! Help get the word out! Visit the posts of your fellow writers and get involved in their blog. (Master List of Entries) Post a comment and say hi. Discuss their goals. Hold them accountable!
The list of prizes thus far includes various gifts. Thanks to:
- Jeff Byer of Print Fellas for donating 100 business cards, valued at $25.
- Michael Mulrooney for donating a signed copy of his book, The Real Truth about Real Estate Investing valued at $30.00
- “Roni” M. Wilcox for donating a Free Rehab Project Planning CD valued at $49.95.
- Mike Schendel for donating $60 worth of electronic product online, including 1) The Spill Zone (e-book), Author Ed Ross 2) Audio electronic “Navigating the Market Series” (40 minutes) and 3. An assortment of Bonus Gifts.
- Michael Price for tossing in a free Video Podcast & Set Up Fee from MLPodcast.Com, valued at $79.90.
Note: If anyone has a prize that they want to donate to this contest, let me know! If you donate a prize, you will get publicity for that prize, and we will mention you throughout our posts for the contest!