I’m not sure about the rest of you, but this has been a LONG week for me. Personal issues aside, is seems like there is just so much happening in the world: Lunar Eclipse, US shoots down failing satellite, Kosovo declares independence, Castro steps down from leadership of Cuba, Ralph Nader is back, Clinton/Obama battle continues, McCain facing the heat, and on and on. Otherwise, for some reason, everyone I know is either in the midst of a battle with the flu, or some other ailment that no doctor can seem to figure out.
With that in mind, I thought we’d look at some of the important stories from other real estate bloggers out there:
- Is this the future of real estate search? – The Toronto Real Estate Intelligence Blog shares with everyone a new website called Rotten Neighbor which is designed to allow people to rate their neighbors so potential buyers can be aware of good or problem neighbors in their buying decisions. Frankly it seems like people could be asking for trouble with this one, IMO.
- Tax Shelter — Real Estate Investors Should Beware the Professional Investor Trap – The BawldGuy Talking blog presents a very thorough post that discusses the “benefit to successfully filing your tax return as a Professional Investor.” This is a Must Read!
- My Money Blog shares Subprime Loan Crisis Explained By Cartoon Stick Figures. This cartoon is the perfect analysis of how we got into the current situation that we’re in!
- According to The Real Estate Bloggers, it looks like Metal Roofs are making a comeback. I wasn’t aware of the trend . . . I’m sure I’m not alone!
- The Sacramento Real Estate Blog answers in a concise and easy to understand manner one of the questions every homeowner asks, What is Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)?
- How Stimulating Will Raising the Conforming Loan Limit Be? – The 3 Oceans Real Estate blog takes a thorough look at how raising the conforming loan limit will truly stimulate the economy, and whether it’s really the right thing to do.