March is here and what else can I say about this past week other than — things aren’t looking good for the US. The cost of real goods continues to rise, with the price of everything from gasoline, oil, food, and commodities all continuing to climb at alarming rates.
Gold hit a new high near $980 an ounce, and crude oil set an all-time high of above $103 a barrel – both beating the real-terms peaks reached in 1979-80. Many traders believe that gold at $1,000 an ounce is now well within reach. – The Independent
Additionally, weakness in the dollar has driven the Euro to a record high of $1.5238 on Friday. While tourism and exports have increased, is this buoying the overall economy? It doesn’t look that way.
Lets leave all that behind for a little while and have a look at some of the interesting stories out there from this week:
Cool BiggerPockets Mentions
- NuWire Investor named BiggerPockets to its list of the Top 10 Real Estate Blogs, placing is in the company of some other great sites including Matrix and Business Week’s Hot Property.
- The Go Beyond MLS Blog also listed BiggerPockets in their list of top 10 blogs, and analyzes one of the factors that may influence popularity – frequency of posts.
Other quick reads for the week:
- The Real Estate Windfall Blog tells us 9 ideas on how to get and keep good tenants. Most of these important points have to do with servicing your tenants and treating them the right way. This is a MUST READ for any potential landlord.
- Learn what the difference is between getting pre-qualified and pre-approved for a loan from the Sacramento Real Estate Blog.
- Find out about the nine traits of the middle-class millionaire from My Money Blog.
- Jim Duncan cuts to the chase and tells us how not to sell your house. In the current buyer’s market, his words hold true.