One of the things that I try and do first thing in the morning is to count my blessings. Any successful person will tell you that the first 15 minutes of your day determine the outcome of the next 12 hours. Since Thanksgiving is here, I thought I’d share a few things I am thankful for:
- I’m thankful for our freedoms. The freedom to follow our dreams, our freedom of speech and our freedom of religion among others.
- I’m thankful for my family and all of the support they give me.
- I’m thankful for the roof over my head, clothes on my back and food in my stomach.
- I’m thankful for the burning desire that I have to live my life to the fullest.
- I’m thankful for my health and a sound mind.
- I’m thankful for the many people I’ve met over the last year. From homeowners I’ve worked with to the many investors I’ve become friends with.
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to learn and grow from my mistakes.
- I’m thankful for everything that I’ve learned over the past year, which will make 2009 even more fun and profitable.
I hope that each and every one of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Whether you’re making a ton of money in today’s market, or whether you’re just starting out, we all have things to be thankful for.
By the way, last week I promised to post another video. This week’s video is phone call I had with a seller. In this call, there was not a deal to be had; however, there was a very important lesson to be learned. If you pay attention, you will notice how I refuse to make an offer to the seller. I think you can hear him on the other line, but if you can’t, he keeps asking me to make him an offer. Negotiation 101-never be the first to name a number. Also, if the seller asks you to make them an offer they’re not really motivated and 99% of the time you won’t get a deal from that person.
Now, get ready to eat turkey, watch football and fall asleep in front of your TV…what a great holiday!