Do you want to know why I’m such a successful real estate investor? Do you want to know why others are so successful also?
Well, I’m about to tell you. So, over the weekend I had one of my REIA meetings (on Saturday). At the meeting I had the usual number of new investors who came up to me asking me questions and picking my brain. Of course, I had several people come up to me who were complaining about how tough this market is and how difficult this business is. I let these people “whine” to me and once they were finished, I asked them a few questions.
In less than two minutes I was able to determine why these investors weren’t successful and why they thought this business was hard.
Then I got to thinking. I have this same conversation every month with investors at the REIA meeting–this is my “ground hog day” conversation. And I decided to create a simple test that anyone can take to determine why they’re struggling with their business, or if they’re brand new, what they need to be doing to make a lot of money.
So, below is the simple 10 question test. Take the test honestly (nobody will see it, be truthful with yourself).
If you answer “No” to any of the questions then you need to get your butt in gear if you’re truly committed to living life on your own terms.
I still do, and have done every single item on the test. I’ve sent out tens of thousands of letters. I’ve put up thousands of signs. I’ve had multiple mentors. I’ve emailed hundreds of landlords on craigslist.com
The “secret” to real estate success is doing the items listed on this test. If you aren’t already kicking butt and taking names, then use this test as a “blueprint to success”.
There’s absolutely no reason why you can’t be successful and do what I’ve done. The only reason I’m where I’m at, is because I took action (and other lazy people didn’t).
- Have you identified your target market (the zip codes you invest in).. Y N
- Do you send out at least 1,000 pieces of direct mail per month to
absentee owners, or expired listings…………………………………Y N
- Do you put up 50 bandit signs every other weekend……………..Y N
- Do you have a mentor………………………………………………… Y N
- Do you attend at least one networking function per month…… ..Y N
- Do you get on craigslist.com every day and send 5 emails to landlords… .Y N
- Do you spend at least 4 hours per month driving for dollars……Y N
- Do you read at least one book on real estate or marketing per month……..Y N
- Do you get on BiggerPockets.com daily and network with other investors, and search out the answers to your most pressing questions………………………..Y N
- Do you make a “to do” list every night before you go to bed …….Y N
Take a good look at your answers. If you have even just one “No” you’re hurting your chances for success. Please use the above questions to take action and if you do, I promise you that you’ll have more money than you ever dreamed possible.